These are my results for test of 4od play/downloads on Windows XP running XBMC Eden RC2, using updated version of 4od plugin I created. Every time the play/download started without problems within a few seconds, there were no script errors, and no stopping after a few minutes.
I did not visit the 4od site using a browser, I haven't registered with 4od, or signed on or selected parental guidance options. Used no other PC to access the 4od site, while running the tests.
This matches the experience when using get_flash_videos on OpenBSD, once the 'll' CDN fix had been made 4od programmes all downloaded without issues generally on the first attempt as was the case prior to the latest 4od site change.
The things I did :
- The existing XBMC Eden Beta 2 was uninstalled, and the XBMC Eden RC2 installed.
- I made sure I used a good version of rtmpdump/librtmp.dll (librtmp.so.0 on linux/OSX). The rtmpdump I installed into c:\rtmpdump I know this is an up to date version. The old librtmp.dll versions installed with XBMC Eden RC2, where renamed to librtmp.dll.old, and the librtmp.dll was copied from c:\rtmpdump into the two directories where the older versions had been found (there shouldn't be two/three copies in the first place). Old rtmpdump or librtmp can cause a number of different issues, including the video playing for a short time and stopping, it can also be tricked into working using a different PC accessing the same site, or not work at all.
- The zip file from http://code.google.com/p/nibor-xbmc-repo...etail?id=3 was used, extracting into c:\Documents and Settings\Nigel\Application Data\XBMC\addons
on the overwriting prompt response was yes to all files. (the plugin had been installed previously with Eden Beta 2 - uninstalling XBMC doesn't remove it). This solves the issue with the Script Errors when the 'll' CDN is used, and includes the previous 4odplayer-11.8.5.swf to 4odplayer-11.21.2.swf change without which, downloads stop after a few minutes.
The updated plugin.video.4od zip file or default.py is available from
Zip file is also attached here
(Size: 24.56 KB / Downloads: 46)
default.py is attached
(Size: 13.04 KB / Downloads: 36)
, this need to be renamed and replace the existing default.py.
For anyone willing to try on other systems. This should cure the Script Errors.