• 12(current)
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand
ATV2

Faulty line in the 4OD and Demand5 default.py file is

geturllib.SetCacheDir( xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join( "special://profile","cache" )) )

Replace the existing

geturllib.SetCacheDir( xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join( "T:"+os.sep,"addon_data", gPluginName,'cache' )) )

everything then wil work

ATV2
(2012-04-14, 19:42)1955jmgs Wrote: ATV2

New line in the 4OD and Demand5 default.py file is

geturllib.SetCacheDir( xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join( "special://profile","cache" )) )

Replace the existing faulty incorrect line

geturllib.SetCacheDir( xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join( "T:"+os.sep,"addon_data", gPluginName,'cache' )) )

everything then wil work

ATV2

I used special://masterprofile instead of special://profile so it gets written to the userdata folder instead of XBMCs install folder.
Can this be used for win7 installs?

NO
Hi,

Eden 11.0, ATV2, Installed the script from zip then edited default.py as suggested. Works great, except some programmes don't play?

Currently, for example. 10 o clock live will play, but homeland will not (script error). I thought it might be parental controls, but logging onto the 4od website, both programs have controls. Have cleared cache in

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addon_data/plugin.video.4od/cache

but no joy - any ideas?
If this is working fine for anyone, could they post their default.py file? I'm still having issues with it stopping after a minute of playtime, and I'm lost as to what now needs to be amended in this file, other than the cache line above.
(2012-04-19, 21:13)Sneeka Wrote: If this is working fine for anyone, could they post their default.py file? I'm still having issues with it stopping after a minute of playtime, and I'm lost as to what now needs to be amended in this file, other than the cache line above.

Just until this is fixed in SVN i've made some fixes and put them on github

https://github.com/paddycarey/plugin.video.4od

Works for me but I haven't had time to extensively test it
Seems to work fine Paddycarey. Working past 1 minute now and seems perfect, well done and thanks
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
(2012-04-20, 02:20)paddycarey Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 21:13)Sneeka Wrote: If this is working fine for anyone, could they post their default.py file? I'm still having issues with it stopping after a minute of playtime, and I'm lost as to what now needs to be amended in this file, other than the cache line above.

Just until this is fixed in SVN i've made some fixes and put them on github

Thanks for posting this up.

if we already have the 4od addon then how do we use you zip file from github?

unninstall existing addon then add yours from zip?
or just install yours from zip?
or extract the files from your zip and save them over the existing 4od addon files on the 4od addon folder?
Wont work for me on apple tv. I get the script failed:plugin.video.4OD. Can anyone help me out as to how I can fix it?? Thanks in advance guys, any help with this, will be very much appreciated
Excellent, that did the trick for me, thanks Paddycarey Smile

(I just replaced the existing default.py with the updated one)
Thanks paddeycarey worked for me apart from a couple of things, for example Homeland, where it says script error
(2012-04-20, 22:34)wingerdinger Wrote: Wont work for me on apple tv. I get the script failed:plugin.video.4OD. Can anyone help me out as to how I can fix it?? Thanks in advance guys, any help with this, will be very much appreciated

wont work for me either can we have a default py posted please as i get script error with paddycarey version thanks in advance
(2012-04-20, 02:20)paddycarey Wrote: Just until this is fixed in SVN i've made some fixes and put them on github

Brilliant, thanks paddycarey, works great - do you have working versions of ch5 and ITV player?

Thanks
Some programmes give a script error and some are fine.

The one I really want to watch is Homeland but I get the error on that one.

Watching 4od advert free on XBMC is such a treat that I hope it can be fixed.

Cheers.
I usually use Linux but I installed XBMC on Windows 7 to see if that would make a difference.

I still got the script error trying to watch Homeland but the log in Windows gave some information about an index error which I don't remember seeing under Linux.

I don't know if this is of any use but here it is:

22 T:2984 NOTICE: File "C:\Users\ee\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\paddycarey-plugin.video.4od-0068424\default.py", line 322, in <module>
19:06:22 T:2984 NOTICE: PlayOrDownloadEpisode( episodeId, title, mycgi.Param('fn') )
19:06:22 T:2984 NOTICE: File "C:\Users\ee\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\paddycarey-plugin.video.4od-0068424\default.py", line 160, in PlayOrDownloadEpisode
19:06:22 T:2984 NOTICE: url = re.findall( '(.*?)mp4:', streamUri, re.DOTALL )[0]
19:06:22 T:2984 NOTICE: IndexError: list index out of range
19:06:22 T:2984 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
19:06:22 T:2984 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
19:06:22 T:2984 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\ee\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\paddycarey-plugin.video.4od-0068424\default.py", line 322, in <module>
PlayOrDownloadEpisode( episodeId, title, mycgi.Param('fn') )
File "C:\Users\ee\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\paddycarey-plugin.video.4od-0068424\default.py", line 160, in PlayOrDownloadEpisode
url = re.findall( '(.*?)mp4:', streamUri, re.DOTALL )[0]
IndexError: list index out of range
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand1