XBMC on ATV2 - bad video quality?
Hi.

I recently got an ATV2 and i have installed XBMC Eden Beta on it.

I notice when playing video on my ATV2 from XBMC, the video quality is pretty much worse than if i connect my computer to my TV via HDMI and just play it from there.

This is not about 1080p support or something like that, the file i am running is a 350MB(one episode of Dexter Smile) .avi file and i would assume it should have had the same quality as when i play it from my Win7 media player via HDMI cable?

The video quality is just more "blurry and corny" if you know what i mean. FPS is fine, there are no problems with smoothness.

Any ideas? Is it really not better or are there settings to correct this?
could you post 2 screenshots from the exact same scene?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Mine looks great to me and indistinguishable from my HTPC. No idea what this would be. Also not sure what "corny" looks like.
There was a dithering issue a while back wasn't there? Screenshots will help narrow it down.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
"corny" Smile sorry for my english...not sure how to explain it. The picture is more blurry, and when you go from one color to another, you see it more in grades of colors rater than a smooth gradation. And you see the pixels more than running the same file from my computer. You just see that the picture is more "computerized" in a way..

With screenshots, you mean taking actual pictures with a camera? If not, how would I be able to take screenshots from my TV, i then need screenshots from my TV both running from ATV2, and from running from my computer...
Did you dial in the video settings on your TV for that input? If its an input you havent used (different than the hdmi input for PC or TV, etc), the settings may be out of the box and need adjusted.
I have the same issue but on a Windows 7 machine. I've searched through a lot of forums, but to no avail.

XBMC V10 worked great, but Eden's video quality (of the same files) looks as if it is in a lower color depth, skin tones are almost "pastel" like. If I install V10 over V11 it looks normal/correct again. Even while V11 is installed the files play correct in VLC.

I'm viewing on a 50" plasma and thought it might be the TV settings, but can confirm it is not as playing it through VLC and V10 works fine.

Any ideas? I had to revert to version 10... I can't stand to watch any more "pastel people". I heard things about a LAV splitter... but not sure if that helps?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on ATV2 - bad video quality?0