• 23(current)
[RELEASE] The Trailers
And it's working again! Huh
(2013-03-04, 18:34)Hitcher Wrote: And it's working again! Huh

Why? Did Apple update their list or was the add-on modified?
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
I may be in the minority here, but I do miss plots in the hd-trailers addon, thats why I kept using this one. (+couch support is nice of course, using v2 too)
(2013-03-04, 19:35)curtis-r Wrote:
(2013-03-04, 18:34)Hitcher Wrote: And it's working again! Huh

Why? Did Apple update their list or was the add-on modified?

Yes.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/home/xml/current.xml
Cool that it's working again, this gives me more time with the rewrite. But then it needs to be decided if my code will be a new add-on or a rewrite of the current one.

The source the current add-on uses (current.xml) is an unofficial undocumented apple api, in the past it was used by itunes, but itunes switched the source a few versions ago.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Probably better as different addon.
(2013-03-04, 23:04)Hitcher Wrote: Probably better as different addon.

How come a new add-on, if the only significant change is the source of the Apple Trailers list?
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Well it's not going to be maintained by Martijn for starters.
(2013-03-04, 22:57)sphere Wrote: Cool that it's working again, this gives me more time with the rewrite. But then it needs to be decided if my code will be a new add-on or a rewrite of the current one.

The source the current add-on uses (current.xml) is an unofficial undocumented apple api, in the past it was used by itunes, but itunes switched the source a few versions ago.

regards,
sphere

If you want just change current code so we keep same add-on if possible.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
it's not working for me.
That's very helpful!
(2013-03-05, 08:31)Martijn Wrote: If you want just change current code so we keep same add-on if possible.

I thought about that and decided against. I released Apple Itunes Trailers as separate add-on because it has a different view logic (it shows trailers for a given movie in a separate view instead a select dialog). I'm pretty sure they can coexist well. Its also using a complete separate source for its movies and trailers and if any source stops being updated again the other add-on can be used to watch trailers.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
last 3 or 4 days, when i refresh movie information, movie trailer does not exist (excluding youtube). moreover the trailers addon didn't play for a week. i think two problems linked with each other.

consequently how can i solve that problems?
First of all commendable work on the addon. I was regularly using this addon with EDEN; However once i moved to frodo i noticed that the trailer videos would freeze on play and i would virtually have to reboot my system on that.
I have been trying from days to figure out what could be the issue and i seemed to have found it (atleast in my case). Whenever i choose Default select Action as "Show information" (@ Settings/Videos/File list) the trailer videos would freeze. If i choose this option as the default "Play" the issue would not resurface.
Are any other users also facing the similar issue?

I would workout a debug log quickly and post the same soon.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Pastebin url --> http://pastebin.com/jcVnS309
Sometimes when i click to start atrailer... Audio starts but video not... Then aftercouple of sec, video plays aswell
Yesterday igot a warning its running out of cache?
How can i fix this?

Never had that problem under eden
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Trailers1