• 2(current)
[RELEASE] The Trailers
Will this add-on download trailers in the background, or does it need focus? Can't wait to try it out.

Edit: very cool add-on. Worked right out of the gate. I was hoping it would support background downloads, as my Internet is too slow to support streaming. This will be a must have for my friends' installs, though. Smile

LOVE the CP integration!
For everybody who wants to use remote shares in settings:
Go to the XBMC 'filemanager'. Add that same remote share there as a source.
Now you should be able to set it in settings.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for the new addon Martijn. Keep up the good work Big Grin
Great add-on! Only thing that's kinda irritating me is the Icon, is there anyway I can change it to the default apple trailers logo? I have a .png for it and Ive renamed it to icon and replaced icon.png in plug.video.thetrailers but it doesn't seem to have any effect..
CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote:Great add-on! Only thing that's kinda irritating me is the Icon, is there anyway I can change it to the default apple trailers logo? I have a .png for it and Ive renamed it to icon and replaced icon.png in plug.video.thetrailers but it doesn't seem to have any effect..

Yes you can but why would you?
I hate Apple Rolleyes

The planning is to support other trailer providers to besides AppleTrailers so the Apple logo will become useless. That's also why I changed the name.
A new logo will be made in time however I just wanted to push this version out and didn't have time to make a decent one.
If anyone can make a great logo for it that would be nice Rolleyes
Hi Martijn,

I had a play around with your addon and it works flawlessly!
I have a suggestion. It would be cool if you were able to set the addon in the settings to stream in standard definition and let you download in an alternative resolution of your setting.

In my case I am unable to stream the trailer with your addon in 1080p without waiting a few minutes for it to start.

I have a folder which I use with PsuedoTV with trailers of 1080p downloaded from hd-trailers.net.

Another idea that you may want to impliment in the future is setting it to download x amount of trailers at a set interval to a folder of your choice. Maybe it could run as a service in the background like Artwork Downloader does.
Martijn Wrote:Yes you can but why would you?
I hate Apple Rolleyes

The planning is to support other trailer providers to besides AppleTrailers so the Apple logo will become useless. That's also why I changed the name.
A new logo will be made in time however I just wanted to push this version out and didn't have time to make a decent one.
If anyone can make a great logo for it that would be nice Rolleyes

If you have seen the apple trailers logo in iOS it doesnt have an apple symbol on it, simply a camera.. its really nice looking actually and it kinda fits because I am using it on an apple tv 2 haha

http://iosicongallery.com/wp-content/upl...ailers.jpg

I figured it out though, stupid xbmc caching issues! thx anyways tho and cheers for a great addon!
heres a link if anyone wants to save themselves some time and use the logo i created.. its nothing special though..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RP5FZ2CW
CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote:If you have seen the apple trailers logo in iOS it doesnt have an apple symbol on it, simply a camera.. its really nice looking actually

http://iosicongallery.com/wp-content/upl...ailers.jpg

Does indeed look better than the apple Smile
Maybe next update will have some decent icon
Well just replace the icon.png and wait 24hours. It will automaticly show up as you already noticed Rolleyes
StinDaWg Wrote:Does anyone have messed up black levels with these videos, or is this an apple thing? Every trailer I've played has the brightness too high. The video looks slightly washed out and every time it fades to a black screen you can tell that it is not black, it's like they turned up the brightness on the picture 10 clicks too high.

Can anyone comment on this observation?
StinDaWg Wrote:Can anyone comment on this observation?

No issues with me. Running on 2 windows XBMC machines.
StinDaWg Wrote:Can anyone comment on this observation?

Mine look fine.
LakersFan Wrote:Mine look fine.

They look fine to me too, its just that the video levels appear to be off to me. I have my video card set to pc levels (0-255) and my tv calibrated appropriately. Everything I do plays with the correct black levels whether it be xbmc, Media Center, internet videos whatever. So it may just be the way apple encodes their videos. An easy way to spot this is play a trailer that is letterboxed, pause it right after the green preview screen. If you have your display set properly the area in the middle will be brighter than the top and bottom bars. On my plasma, it dithers and you see little green jumping dots until you lower the brightness 10-20 clicks and then goes away. Its just annoying because it washes the picture out, but their probably isn't anything you can do on your end if it's in the source.
StinDaWg Wrote:Its just annoying because it washes the picture out, but their probably isn't anything you can do on your end if it's in the source.

indeed nothing
Martijn Wrote:If anyone can make a great logo for it that would be nice Rolleyes

My try:

Tried to give the text sort of a cinema, retro like feel. Feel free to use it if you like it.
Jeroen Wrote:Tried to give the text sort of a cinema, retro like feel. Feel free to use it if you like it.

Me do like Nod

Now i got the problem that the backdrop doesn't match. Needs the same retro feel and same colour scheme of course.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Trailers1