Fox News Add-on not working properly
I found this thread, but didn't know whether it was dead or not. Either way, the replacement .py link is dead now.

Problem is, only the "Featured Videos" category works. The others all give a script error. Here is my log from trying to open the "On Air" link: http://pastebin.com/0FxAFhnS

It worked a week or so ago, but I think that was before I upgraded to Eden. I'm not sure if fox changed how they defined the videos in the other categories or if it's possibly a problem with the changes to JSON (?). I'll give a try to editing the .py myself, but I've never done it before, so I'll probably fail.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
same problem
Thanks for reporting. I will have a look at it.
Thanks. FYI, all of the categories other than "Featured Videos" produce the same results as originally reported. Appreciate the work!
divingmule Wrote:Thanks for reporting. I will have a look at it.

2.0.1 ......works awesome, you rock - Thank you!!!
Can someone email the zip file for this Fox News plug-in, please!

Thank you.

[email protected]
I see this is pretty old, but my Fox News plugin quit working this morning with a "Failed"error. Is this happening to anyone else? I can post the log file if it would help.
Yeah, the website has been redesigned. I'm looking into it but it may be a few days.
Thanks much, I'm kind of a political junkie... I love your work.
In case anybody's interested thanks to divingmule the fixed version is here.
They must be changing things again, as it has errors again, dang it. Only 4 more days... The errors are on all but the featured videos...
Update is on the way. If you don't want to wait, right click save as 'default.py' -> http://foxnews-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/b...default.py move to, overwrite /addons/plugin.video.fox.news/default.py
Thank you Diving mule, you saved me from going through these last few days before the election in the dark. The world is back in balance again... Big Grin

P.S. I'm not familiar with how this forum does it, but if I knew how to, I'd give you a mark toward your Rep.
Resurrecting this, as it seems to be broken again. The menus are different than they were a few days go, but none seems to work. Anyone else running into this?

Specific error message when attempting to open "NEWS CLIPS" or "NEWS SHOWS" (or any other folder under Fox News):

Error
Script failed! : plugin.video.fox.news
Yeah, the website changed a bit. I submitted an update yesterday, so you should see it in the near future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fox News Add-on not working properly1