[Windows] Run Couchpotato, SickBeard and SABNZBD as Services
HenryFord Wrote:2.6 should be sufficent. The python version is always up-to-date, the exe-version isn't Wink

shoul i do the same for CP?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I strongly encourage you to do so, since the exe-version of CP is way behind (at this point a little over a month)...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

i downloaded them both...going to install them and try to configure it as a service using a method i found on the Sickbeard forum:

1. (obtain instsrv.exe and srvany.exe)
c:\>instsrv.exe SickBeard c:\srvany.exe
The service was successfuly added!

2. (open regedit and browse to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SickBeard])
a. right click on the key SickBeard and create a new key called Parameters
b. inside the Parameters key, create the following String Values
Value name \ Value Data (notes)
AppDirectory \ C:\Python27 (the directory where you have python installed)
Application \ C:\Python27\python.exe (the full directory path of the python.exe)
AppParameters \ "C:\Program Files\Sick-Beard\sickbeard.py" (the full directory path of the sickbeard.py *must be in double quotes)

Ok...i think i got everything working...will post an update later on tonight when i can test it out

As we are 2 shareing the main computer where most of the "action" is done.. So i thought id give this a try, but it dosnt seem to work at all. None of the applications are starting at logon screen or if i logon any of the users

I've got it setup like this:

If i make shortcuts to the apps in the Autostart folder they fire up like they should (with the parameters you can see above)

Anyone with any thoughts?

(PS: The account "Joel" has administrator access)
saitoh183 Wrote:i downloaded them both...going to install them and try to configure it as a service using a method i found on the Sickbeard forum:

1. (obtain instsrv.exe and srvany.exe)
c:\>instsrv.exe SickBeard c:\srvany.exe
The service was successfuly added!

2. (open regedit and browse to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SickBeard])
a. right click on the key SickBeard and create a new key called Parameters
b. inside the Parameters key, create the following String Values
Value name \ Value Data (notes)
AppDirectory \ C:\Python27 (the directory where you have python installed)
Application \ C:\Python27\python.exe (the full directory path of the python.exe)
AppParameters \ "C:\Program Files\Sick-Beard\sickbeard.py" (the full directory path of the sickbeard.py *must be in double quotes)

Ok...i got it all to work with services. Here is what i did

SABnzbd : following this was the easiest way

Sickbeard and Couchpotato: Using the method i quoted above to create the services You can get the files needed to create the services from the OP

Note for Couchpotato:
Your Data.db must be in your c:\python27 folder and not in the CP folder as when you run it manually. For some reason it creates it there when running from the source version as a service

Note For Sickbeard:
You need to have Cheetah installed(i had forgot about that) when using the Source version of SB. Once downloaded, open a cmd window and navigate to the folder and type setup.py install

Note for Both:
Since your running CP and SB as services, they dont see mapped drives so you must use UNC paths for anything network. To add UNC path for SB, do it from the Config.ini file. For CP, you can do it from the program.
Also you must change the user account for the services to an admin account and not use Local system if you want to be able to use path to network drives.

Hope this helps others Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Run Couchpotato, SickBeard and SABNZBD as Services1