Integrating PPPoE
Lightbulb 
:idea: hey could someone help me integrating pppoe into xbmc. i am not as skilled as you are but i thought it wouldnt be that hard to program pppoe into xbmc because there are a lot of options from opensource projects.
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
i'm beggin you for help :bowdown:

i want pppoe support but i don't know where to start. ive visual studio xdk installed and downloaded xbmc sources. i was thinking of http://sourceforge.net/projects/pppoe/ of beospppoe. how do i make this 'kind of dll' work in xbmc? is there any internet connection lib involved? isn't there just an option in the xdk for pppoe support?

thanks
greets,

zilvershadow
i believe this was brought up before it was determined it requires rewriting the tcp/ip stack.
i don't believe the xdk supports it nativly, but doubt you have to rewrite the tcp/ip stack as it should be on application-level (shouldn't it?).
fyi, pppoe has been discussed/requested before here (link)  Confusedhifty: ...and pppoa which is kind of related been discussed/requested here (link).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
maybe it's possible to compile the pppoe driver from sourceforge for the xbox and make a loader for it?
greets,

zilvershadow

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrating PPPoE0