Skin Settings Boken in Eden
Went to Hide Categories option in skin settings and there is no way to get back to main skin settings like General for example. Exiting to home screen or exiting XBMC or switching skins and back doesn't fix this as entering skin settings always takes me back to Hide Categories instead of the top level now.

I'm using ATV1 and even plugged in a keyboard to see if I could go up a level with it with no success.

Upon further investigation, it's any submenu. You can never get back to the Skin Settings main menu as the back button on the remote takes you all the way back to the home screen rather than back from where you came from (up one level).
kadeschs Wrote:Went to Hide Categories option in skin settings and there is no way to get back to main skin settings like General for example. Exiting to home screen or exiting XBMC or switching skins and back doesn't fix this as entering skin settings always takes me back to Hide Categories instead of the top level now.

I'm using ATV1 and even plugged in a keyboard to see if I could go up a level with it with no success.

Upon further investigation, it's any submenu. You can never get back to the Skin Settings main menu as the back button on the remote takes you all the way back to the home screen rather than back from where you came from (up one level).

that's what you get when using the dharma version of rapier with eden

try with the latest pre-eden version

https://github.com/scarfa/skin.rapier
Question 
lambda Wrote:that's what you get when using the dharma version of rapier with eden

You are probably right about that comment. I'm new to all this. Is it clear in the XBMC skin selection list which are Dharma and which are Eden skins? I thought skins automatically updated themselves to the latest version when available? If some skins aren't Eden compatible, why are they allowed to be installed in the Eden version without warning?

Also, the link you gave me points to a changelog file that states:
------------------------
Rapier v4.0.0 (18-Oct-11)
------------------------

* complete redesign for dharma

Dharma? What about Eden? Am I in the right spot for Eden?

The readme there also says: Can be installed through the official XBMC repository.

Does that mean the pre-Eden version can be installed through repository or do I have to do work under the hood and manually install the skin and copy a bunch of dependency stuff?
kadeschs Wrote:Is it clear in the XBMC skin selection list which are Dharma and which are Eden skins? I thought skins automatically updated themselves to the latest version when available? If some skins aren't Eden compatible, why are they allowed to be installed in the Eden version without warning?

there are different repos for dharma and eden.
you can't find a eden non-compatible addon in eden repo.

kadeschs Wrote:Also, the link you gave me points to a changelog file that states:
------------------------
Rapier v4.0.0 (18-Oct-11)
------------------------

* complete redesign for dharma

Dharma? What about Eden? Am I in the right spot for Eden?

you can download different branches.
find the "Current branch:" button to switch between different branches.
master branch is the latest version.
if you download it you will see it is called Rapier pre-4.2.0

kadeschs Wrote:The readme there also says: Can be installed through the official XBMC repository.

yes it can. the dharma version through dharma repo.
scarfa will soon add the eden version to eden repo.
there is a reason why he hasn't added it yet.

kadeschs Wrote:Does that mean the pre-Eden version can be installed through repository or do I have to do work under the hood and manually install the skin and copy a bunch of dependency stuff?

the latest development comes in github first.
Very good then. I appreciate all your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Settings Boken in Eden0