How to autostart into a specific slideshow?
Hey there,

what I want to do is, that on XBMC startup it'll automatically load a specific slideshow and starts it. Right now I can use XBMC as a startup program and it opens into Slideshow once it started, but I still have to select the folder and rightclick it to start the slideshow.

Please help me, this shouldn't be a problem, I guess...

Best
You should be able to do this by creating an autoexec.py file in your userdata folder. Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\autoexec.py"

and click OK, and when you get prompted to create a new file answer Yes. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("Slideshow(D:\\XBMC\\Pictures\\Test)")

When you start XBMC it looks for an autoexec.py, and if one is found XBMC will run the Python code in that file. In this case the code just starts a slideshow. Note that you need to put in the folder where the pictures are e.g. D:\XBMC\Pictures\Test in this example. Note also that in Python \ is an escape character so you need to put in \\ wherever you want a \ character.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions for more options with the SlideShow function e.g. making it recursive.

JR
Thanks, great solution

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to autostart into a specific slideshow?0