Possible to display media flag progressive/interlaced flag?
Hi, apologies if this has been covered before, but I did a search and cannot find the answer.

I've scraped all my movies and TV shows using emm -r and XBMC picks up the nfo's fine. In emm -r it displays both media resolution & whether the media is progressive or interlaced (i.e. 1080p, 720p, 480i).

However, this information is not shown in XBMC! The resolution (i.e. 1080, 720, 480 etc) is shown, but whether the media is progressive or interlaced is not shown.

I have deleted my sources, cleaned the database and reimported my files, but the "p" or "i" flag is still not shown!!!!

Can anyone help?
Just to add...
I'm using XBMC Eden Beta 1 on Windows 7.
I have this lack of "p"/"i" flag after resolution on the two skins I keep flitting between: Aeon Nox v2 & MQ3 v1.3, so I'm cautiously positive it's not skin-related (unless I've just picked the skins that don't display these flags!!!!)

Is this a feature of XBMC? Is it supposed to display these flags?

I'll try to get around to posting some images today, but I'm currently at work!

Again, any help would be appreciated!
OK, some images to hopefully show what I want!!

View in emm -r:

View in XBMC:

This is using Aeon Nox v2.0. Is it possible to view progressive/interlaced flag in XBMC?
Info isn't stored in xbmc database so no way for skins to tell if it is 'P' or 'I'
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Info isn't stored in xbmc database so no way for skins to tell if it is 'P' or 'I'
Thanks for the reply!
So, basically there's no way to show if media is progressive or interlaced? Bummer!
I was hoping to use these flags so I can adjust the de-interlacing options of media on a per-file playback basis, using the global option to turn off de-interlacing and then just switching it on for interlaced content!!
I'll just have to make a list using emm -r and do it that way!
spinecho Wrote:Thanks for the reply!
So, basically there's no way to show if media is progressive or interlaced? Bummer!
I was hoping to use these flags so I can adjust the de-interlacing options of media on a per-file playback basis, using the global option to turn off de-interlacing and then just switching it on for interlaced content!!
I'll just have to make a list using emm -r and do it that way!

You can always make a request for next XBMC version

http://trac.xbmc.org
Use you forum username/password
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Info isn't stored in xbmc database so no way for skins to tell if it is 'P' or 'I'
Thanks again for your answer, but upon thinking about it... doesn't XBMC read this information from the nfo as it does the audio & video codec, resolution etc?
spinecho, that's what the Auto deinterlacing mode is for.
Flags say progressive -> no deinterlacing
Interlaced flags -> deinterlacing activated
The flags are not exported to the DB or the skin as already mentioned.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:spinecho, that's what the Auto deinterlacing mode is for.
Flags say progressive -> no deinterlacing
Interlaced flags -> deinterlacing activated
The flags are not exported to the DB or the skin as already mentioned.
Thanks for the answer! I'll leave all my media as Auto.Smile

Edit: just a quickie: Are the flags read from the actual media file a la Mediainfo, or from the nfo? Just curious!
bump on my last post!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to display media flag progressive/interlaced flag?0