XBMC for a everyday use computer?
So i just have a simple question, is there a lot of people that use XBMC on their every day computer?
Like, currently when I watch movies or shows I use VideoLan, but I really want to use XMBC because of some of the addons and because its so cool, but I dont maintain a library, when I finish watching a movie I generally delete them.

Do you think I can still have a use for XBMC?
Yes you can just use File view under Video menu

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I don't use it on my everyday PC because I have dedicated HTPC's connected to my TV's.

If you live in a dorm or dont really have your PC connected to your TV I would say you can still benefit from XBMC with the addons and library functionality but sometimes its just easier to open stuff with VLC for a quick watch...
יונתן בן-חיים
I personally dont even even own a TV as I really never watch TV.

I guess the only way I really can find out is to give it a spin and try it out. But yea the addons are the main attraction for me, Ill just give it a go!
Thank you for the replies Smile
I own TV's but haven't had a service provider like Comcast or dish for about 5 years now.
I would rather watch content on a big screen TV instead of a laptop screen.
יונתן בן-חיים
Every one of my family members use XBMC exclusively on their TV. And I use it exclusively at my desk in my everyday computer. The fact that I'm fairly regularly installing and uninstalling different versions for testing and writing probably explains most of that though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for a everyday use computer?0