Where can skins load images from? Limits - addon_data?
I am trying to load an image into an image control from a temporary directory made by my weather addon in addon_data like this"

Code:
            <control type="image">
                <description>background image</description>
                <posx>115</posx>
                <posy>100</posy>
                <width>512</width>
                <height>512</height>
                <texture>special://profile/addon_data/weather.ozweather/RadarBackgrounds/IDR023.background.png</texture>
                <aspectratio aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
            </control>

...the image exists and that is the path I use successfully to save the image in my add on, but this seems to give a 'can't find texture' every time....

Do I have to save the images in the skins folder - seems messy?! Or somewhere else?

I don't see a reference to addon_data here?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Special_protocol

Any help appreciated - I have my add on doing radar loops from a dummy folder on the c: drive but I really need to get my live downloaded ones going!!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
example:
Code:
special://home/userdata/addon_data/script.trakt/icon.png
works fine by Me. And the filname is o.k. .jpg / .png ?

INFO!
example:
Code:
<texture>http://www.sport1.de/media/_produktion/2011_prod/shop_1/teaser_11/shop_trikots_outlet_275x110.jpg</texture>
online content images works also great
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
Yeah I'm an idiot and it was late and after a few beers....! The file was there but earlier I'd stripped off the radar code in my file to keep things more generic in the skin section (so background.png instead of IDR023.background.png) - and the promptly forgot I'd done this...

PEBKAC, basically...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where can skins load images from? Limits - addon_data?0