[windows] XBMC / MySQL only showing 1 episode per tv series
Hi,
Id first like to start by saying what a great piece of software XBMC is and how its changed my viewing habits! Ive followed many pieces of advice on here and found many useful pieces of information.

I am now stuck at trying to implement a MySQL database to share my library over multiple instances. It appears to work fine for my Movies, however my TV Shows are only showing one episode per season.

Any advice on this would be great! :-)
WolvesPhil Wrote:Hi,
Id first like to start by saying what a great piece of software XBMC is and how its changed my viewing habits! Ive followed many pieces of advice on here and found many useful pieces of information.

I am now stuck at trying to implement a MySQL database to share my library over multiple instances. It appears to work fine for my Movies, however my TV Shows are only showing one episode per season.

Any advice on this would be great! :-)

Were you using a local database before and it was showing you all episodes?

Folder wise, the best way is to have it like :

X:\TV Shows\TV Show 1\Season 1
X:\TV Shows\TV Show 1\Season 2
X:\TV Shows\TV Show 1\Season 3
X:\TV Shows\TV Show 2\Season 1
X:\TV Shows\TV Show 2\Season 2
X:\TV Shows\TV Show 2\Season 3
X:\TV Shows\TV Show 3\Season 1
X:\TV Shows\TV Show 3\Season 2
X:\TV Shows\TV Show 3\Season 3

etc...

Make your source be X:\TV Shows

and Set Content on that source...

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
I just converted from the built-in database to MySQL and saw a similar issue. Based on my troubleshooting, it appears that if you use mySQL you *must* use smb paths for your sources and video paths or things just don't get loaded right. That was true for me whether I imported my library from the old database or tried to rescan everything into the library.
(2012-01-13, 22:17)pkscuot Wrote: I just converted from the built-in database to MySQL and saw a similar issue. Based on my troubleshooting, it appears that if you use mySQL you *must* use smb paths for your sources and video paths or things just don't get loaded right. That was true for me whether I imported my library from the old database or tried to rescan everything into the library.

Just wanted to say a massive thanks, it makes more sense to use the SMB paths with multiple machines, thinking about it. Your post had me sorted in seconds, and saved me hours of troubleshooting, thankyou, very much. Big Grin

Don't forget to checkout the wiki guide: MySQL (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[windows] XBMC / MySQL only showing 1 episode per tv series1