Help
not sure if i have put this post in the right place but i need help .

not sure how to get stuff onto XBMC

looking for free cable , navi-x , sports devil but cant find them in my add ons

would love the help thanks
rabk-newboy Wrote:not sure if i have put this post in the right place but i need help .

not sure how to get stuff onto XBMC

looking for free cable , navi-x , sports devil but cant find them in my add ons

would love the help thanks

Do you mean you'd like to get the Free Cable, Navi-x, and sports devil addons installed but can't find a way to download them? I'm not sure about the others but Free Cable is part of the bluecop repository so you'll need to install that repo to even find it in the "Get Addons" section of XBMC. Here is a link to the google code page:

http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-repo/
thanks not very good at this , how do i get them on to my box just download them from my pc then drop and drag onto box
rabk-newboy Wrote:thanks not very good at this , how do i get them on to my box just download them from my pc then drop and drag onto box

You can certainly download them and put them into the addons folder of XBMC, but that is not the easiest way of doing it.

When XBMC is running you can browse the addon repository and download addons directly from there. Check out this page on the wiki, it has some good screenshots.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-ons

To add a repository (like the bluecop one for Free Cable) you'll need to download the repo and then use the "install from zip file" option in XBMC to browse to the repo and add it. You may need to restart XBMC to start seeing things once its added, not sure why but that has always worked for me when adding a new one.
I have problems with official addon repository. It is extremely slow, totally useless. I have tested it and there is 40-60% packet loss for mirrors.xbmc.org.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help0