• 18(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
uspino Wrote:Smart!

Love the colors, by the way.

How about (don't kill me) a few lines in the code to let the user to put channel logos in a folder to be rendered next to the channel name. This is how Hauppauge does it: it looks for small "jpg", "gig" or "png" files in a folder named "logos", and they have to have exactly the same name as the channel name. If it finds a logo ("CNNHD.png"), it shows it... It's a trade-off for the end user: you want channel icons? .... go find them, rename them, and put them in this folder. You can do it only for favorites so they stand out... I think that would be really cool.

Edit:

You should definitely allow higher bitrates in 720. First: iPad. Second: Don't think about the iPhone, think about the iPhone gloriously sending the video to an AppleTV...

I might add it. Going to start working on the remoteceton issues first though once I get back...

EDIT: Going to upload a new version with everything but favorites...
EDIT2: v1.7.1 is out with iPhone interface.

NOTE: if you downloaded the previous test version, go to Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data or manually delete the local storage with Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Delete website data for you ip address

TODO: favorites, clean up ts files, temp folder, reload channels, cache.
Hey guys, excited to finally see all of this. Have been hoping for integration to XBMC since I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 device.

I get the following error when I run the remoteCeton.exe

Server: Error connecting to Ceton device...
Press Enter to continue...

I have the USB interface InfiniTV 4
I've shut my firewalls completely off
Disabled any antivirus
Tried running as administrator
Reset my card to factory settings (thought the network MCE settings might be getting in the way,,, but no.)
Ceton infiniTV diagnostic tool sees my card as it should
Restarted plenty of times

What am I missing?

Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

Thanks in advance
Somebody solved a similar problem by updating to the latest firmware. Did you check...?

Also check you network and make sure you Ceton IP is correct in "settings.conf". Otherwise, change it:
PHP Code:
#IP address of ceton tuner
CETON_IP=192.168.200.1 
mcheng89 Wrote:I might add it. Going to start working on the remoteceton issues first though once I get back...

EDIT: Going to upload a new version with everything but favorites...
EDIT2: v1.7.1 is out with iPhone interface.

NOTE: if you downloaded the previous test version, go to Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data or manually delete the local storage with Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Delete website data for you ip address

TODO: favorites, clean up ts files, temp folder, reload channels, cache.

Great, great job.

A couple of things. In the sake of coach-potatoeness and minimum effort, the keyboard should automatically come up when the search box shows up. The way it is now, you have to click on the magnifying glass, then click in the tiny text line inside the box and then the keyboard comes up.

One othe issue that might help you. When I try in the iPad, the video dos not start in the regular Quicktime video window. It shows the carrier/time/battery bar on the top side, and there's no "Done" botton on the upper left corner. You have to click on the two arrows on the low right corner, and that is what opens the quicktime player controls.

And one more thing. I just figured out that the iPad can easily play the direct stream from the SD channels, and it looks great, perfectly fitted to the iPad screen (Goodplayer even shows the Closed Captions if you want!), so it would be great to have that option (iPad 3 will also play HD channels with no compression). That is actually what SiliconDust's own iOS App does: direct stream of SD channels. (But that's all it does Laugh)

Counting the minutes Ceton is going to take to give you a call and offer you a few thousand dollars for remoteCeton.... Big Grin
kwasiblind Wrote:Hey guys, excited to finally see all of this. Have been hoping for integration to XBMC since I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 device.

I get the following error when I run the remoteCeton.exe

Server: Error connecting to Ceton device...
Press Enter to continue...

I have the USB interface InfiniTV 4
I've shut my firewalls completely off
Disabled any antivirus
Tried running as administrator
Reset my card to factory settings (thought the network MCE settings might be getting in the way,,, but no.)
Ceton infiniTV diagnostic tool sees my card as it should
Restarted plenty of times

What am I missing?

Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

Thanks in advance

Not sure. Try running the Ceton Network Setup
http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/Infin..._Guide.pdf
Maybe it's required.

EDIT: Have to fix some issues with the web app...
Updating sencha touch library from 1.1 to version 2
^Fixes annoying search box issue...
CrazyChicken132 Wrote:I'm not sure what is wrong with either my setup, only getting the startup and the found tuner lines in the window and nothing else.

Any Ideas?

I'm not sure if I have the same issue (definitely a noob here)

I get from remoteCeton:

Found Device: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe <00-80-3e-e7>

Ceton: Downloaded channel map from device

Tuner[4]: Loading tuner from device
Tuner[4]: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe <00-80-3e-e7> Tuner 4

Server: Starting up scheduler thread
Server: Starting up listener thread
Server: Press enter to shutdown...

I followed the install directions (only changed the settings file to Tuner 4 and changed VLC_PROCESS=C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe

XBMC says error connecting to server. Please make sure that remoteCeton is running. <urlopen error (10061, 'Connection refused')>

I'm running xbmc on the same computer as remoteCeton and VLC

Been trying to figure this out since last night. I'm definitely missing a step..thanks in advance for any help!

mcheng89 Wrote:Your issue isnt related to his...

Hold on... Give me a minute
Can you try running this command on your web browser?
http://localhost:8555/play?channel=50&tuner=4
^ change the channel number to a channel that you have.

@uspino:
Fixed this Smile

on remoteCeton:

Tuner[4]: Changing channel number to 602
Tuner[4]: Program number is 1
Tuner[4] Channel name is WCBS HD <wcbs>
Tuner[4]: rtsp://192.168.200.1:8554/cetonmpeg3
Tuner[4]: Starting video stream
VLC[4]: Starting instance with remoteVLC plugin
VLC[4]: Streaming to http://localhost:8559
VLC[4]: Setting stream program id using remoteVLC
Scheduler: sleeping 90 seconds until next task
Scheduler: Checking for tasks to run
Scheduler: No clients streaming on Tuner[4]
Scheduler: Tuner is inactive. Shutting down stream
VLC[4]: Closing VLC instance
Tuner[4]: Stopping video stream
Scheduler: All tasks are completed. Sleeping...
DarkApathy Wrote:I'm not sure if I have the same issue (definitely a noob here)

I get from remoteCeton:

Found Device: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe <00-80-3e-e7>

Ceton: Downloaded channel map from device

Tuner[4]: Loading tuner from device
Tuner[4]: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe <00-80-3e-e7> Tuner 4

Server: Starting up scheduler thread
Server: Starting up listener thread
Server: Press enter to shutdown...

I followed the install directions (only changed the settings file to Tuner 4 and changed VLC_PROCESS=C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe

XBMC says error connecting to server. Please make sure that remoteCeton is running. <urlopen error (10061, 'Connection refused')>

I'm running xbmc on the same computer as remoteCeton and VLC

Been trying to figure this out since last night. I'm definitely missing a step..thanks in advance for any help!

Your issue isnt related to his...

Hold on... Give me a minute
Can you try running this command on your web browser?
http://localhost:8555/play?channel=50&tuner=4
^ change the channel number to a channel that you have.

@uspino:
Quote:A couple of things. In the sake of coach-potatoeness and minimum effort, the keyboard should automatically come up when the search box shows up. The way it is now, you have to click on the magnifying glass, then click in the tiny text line inside the box and then the keyboard comes up.
Fixed this Smile
Thanks mcheng!
DarkApathy Wrote:on remoteCeton:

Tuner[4]: Changing channel number to 602
Tuner[4]: Program number is 1
Tuner[4] Channel name is WCBS HD <wcbs>
Tuner[4]: rtsp://192.168.200.1:8554/cetonmpeg3
Tuner[4]: Starting video stream
VLC[4]: Starting instance with remoteVLC plugin
VLC[4]: Streaming to http://localhost:8559
VLC[4]: Setting stream program id using remoteVLC
Scheduler: sleeping 90 seconds until next task
Scheduler: Checking for tasks to run
Scheduler: No clients streaming on Tuner[4]
Scheduler: Tuner is inactive. Shutting down stream
VLC[4]: Closing VLC instance
Tuner[4]: Stopping video stream
Scheduler: All tasks are completed. Sleeping...

Can you get me the xbmc log? Looks like the remoteceton part is fine.
Hotkey: Windows + R
Type: %appdata%\xbmc

PM me the xbmc.log or pastebin it
DarkApathy Wrote:deleted

Put in the IP of the computer, not the Ceton device in XBMC

EDIT: Glad you got it working!

@uspino: The second part about the ipad controls might require a specific interface for the ipad.
And i didnt know that direct streaming works! I'll add the option later...

TODO next: Fix local settings using sencha 2...
Does anyone know how to add script.cetontv to xbmc on apple tv? do i use an SSH client (if so, what path?)

I saw in a previous post, but don't know where the addons folder is:

"I was able to install this on my ATV2 by copying the script.cetontv folder to my ATV2's addons folder (not the addon_data folder). I then configure it and launch the program through XBMC but get a blank white screen. Any thoughts on that? "

Edit: Looks like /private/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons is the right path; how do you change the connection like pressing "c" for xbmc on the computer

Thanks! sorry, total noob here.
DarkApathy Wrote:Does anyone know how to add script.cetontv to xbmc on apple tv? do i use an SSH client (if so, what path?)

I saw in a previous post, but don't know where the addons folder is:

"I was able to install this on my ATV2 by copying the script.cetontv folder to my ATV2's addons folder (not the addon_data folder). I then configure it and launch the program through XBMC but get a blank white screen. Any thoughts on that? "

Edit: Looks like /private/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons is the right path; how do you change the connection like pressing "c" for xbmc on the computer

Thanks! sorry, total noob here.

There's another way. Go into the system settings in xbmc. I think there's a way to get to addon settings from there too
mcheng89 Wrote:There's another way. Go into the system settings in xbmc. I think there's a way to get to addon settings from there too

You're right (as expected). I used the same settings I did for the xbmc on my computer, but I get a white screen with an error saying "Error connecting to server. Please make sure that remoteCeton is running. <urlopen error timed out>"

xbmc log from my atv2:

http://pastebin.com/y8ZfhaUh
DarkApathy Wrote:You're right (as expected). I used the same settings I did for the xbmc on my computer, but I get a white screen with an error saying "Error connecting to server. Please make sure that remoteCeton is running. <urlopen error timed out>"

xbmc log from my atv2:

http://pastebin.com/y8ZfhaUh

What's the ip of the remoteCeton server
mcheng89 Wrote:what's the ip of the remoteceton server

192.168.200.2 (my computer)
192.168.200.1 (the ip i put in the settings file)
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10