• 4(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
Killervette Wrote:is it the space in program files x86

I dont think its the space, since it runs on my computer from the program files directory also.
I'll try to put in more detailed error messages in the next version. It's almost done. Trying to finish it by the weekend.

LehighBri Wrote:Are there any special steps to get this installed on the ATV2? I ftp'd the script.cetontv folder to my ATV2's addons folder but it's not showing up in the Programs area when I restart XBMC.

UPDATE: I was able to install this on my ATV2 by copying the script.cetontv folder to my ATV2's addons folder (not the addon_data folder). I then configure it and launch the program through XBMC but get a blank white screen. Any thoughts on that?

I'm not too sure since I dont have an ATV to test on. Can you get into the program guide using the middle button?

I'll try to see where XBMC writes the log file on iOS devices from my ipad. todo tomorrow Smile

Also, it looks like the apple tv can learn extra remote commands like: Pause, Play, Stop, Fast-forward, Rewind, Previous and Next chapter, etc. Maybe its possible to map the numbers on a universal remote to those buttons so we can have a channel input on the apple tv Smile ?

UPDATE:
I just finished writing the api to read the program guide data.
mcheng89 Wrote:I'm not too sure since I dont have an ATV to test on. Can you get into the program guide using the middle button?
No... literally as soon as I launch the program from the program menu, my screen turns white. I'm also using the standard beta3 build that came out yesterday... should I be running one of the PVR specific builds?

mcheng89 Wrote:I'll try to see where XBMC writes the log file on iOS devices from my ipad. todo tomorrow Smile
I can help... check this site out:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...og_for_iOS

Until then, I'll send you my log file shortly to see if you find anything.
See attached for my log file for when

http://pastebin.com/vbHFrgBj

I do notice there are some errors and exceptions... am I missing an installed component or a step in the process? The same install steps worked fine for me on my XBMC windows beta3 client so not sure what is special or needed for ATV2.
LehighBri Wrote:See attached for my log file for when

http://pastebin.com/vbHFrgBj

I do notice there are some errors and exceptions... am I missing an installed component or a step in the process? The same install steps worked fine for me on my XBMC windows beta3 client so not sure what is special or needed for ATV2.

Looks like the error is here Smile

05:00:36 T:119136256 * ERROR: f = open(CHANNEL_FILE, 'w')
05:00:36 T:119136256 * ERROR: IOError
05:00:36 T:119136256 * ERROR: :
05:00:36 T:119136256 * ERROR: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cetontv/resources/ceton/channelmap.csv'

Maybe it's a file permission error? Can you try setting the read/write settings for the '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cetontv/resources/ceton/' folder
mcheng89 Wrote:Looks like the error is here Smile

05:00:36 T:119136256 * ERROR: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cetontv/resources/ceton/channelmap.csv'

Maybe it's a file permission error? Can you try setting the read/write settings for the '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cetontv/resources/ceton/' folder

The unix permissions show "755"... which is the same permissions as the folder the xbmc.log file is generated in and the log file is generated fine. To be safe, I'll change the permissions to "777" which gives write access to everyone. I'll test that out shortly and will let you know.
mcheng89 Wrote:Looks like the error is here Smile

PS... until I test... can you enhance the code to catch this exception/error and instead of crashing, show the user a friendly error dialog on the front-end that says what the error is and what they need to do to resolve (e.g. similar to when xbmc can't connect to the remoteceton server)
LehighBri Wrote:The unix permissions show "755"... which is the same permissions as the folder the xbmc.log file is generated in and the log file is generated fine. To be safe, I'll change the permissions to "777" which gives write access to everyone. I'll test that out shortly and will let you know.

Changing the permissions of the "ceton" folder that the .csv is expected to be created in worked! I am able to view the live tv on my apple tv 2. Amazing!

I'm happy to test out future iterations of this... but for now... you may need to have a step in the instructions to update the permissions of that folder.
LehighBri Wrote:PS... until I test... can you enhance the code to catch this exception/error and instead of crashing, show the user a friendly error dialog on the front-end that says what the error is and what they need to do to resolve (e.g. similar to when xbmc can't connect to the remoteceton server)

Will do Smile.

LehighBri Wrote:Changing the permissions of the "ceton" folder that the .csv is expected to be created in worked! I am able to view the live tv on my apple tv 2. Amazing!

I'm happy to test out future iterations of this... but for now... you may need to have a step in the instructions to update the permissions of that folder.

Hoping to buy the apple tv soon, since that was my target platform too! Smile
Couple other observations from running this on my ATV2:
  1. Pressing the menu button on the ATV2 remote does nothing; when I playback my other media, pressing menu stops playback and then takes me back to the previous menu... is there a way to have a consistent implementation of handling the menu button as it is in other playback scenarios?
  2. Pressing the center/select button does indeed bring up the guide... but I can't "cancel" out of it... I would expect to click menu and then the guide would disappear
  3. When playing back other media, if I hold down the center/select button for a second or two, it brings up the "play controls" where I can adjust playback options etc... holding down the center/select in this addon does nothing

Don't let my ATV2 issues distract you from what you're doing...sounds like you're making great progress! But something to consider as this addon matures.
LehighBri Wrote:Couple other observations from running this on my ATV2:
  1. Pressing the menu button on the ATV2 remote does nothing; when I playback my other media, pressing menu stops playback and then takes me back to the previous menu... is there a way to have a consistent implementation of handling the menu button as it is in other playback scenarios?
  2. Pressing the center/select button does indeed bring up the guide... but I can't "cancel" out of it... I would expect to click menu and then the guide would disappear
  3. When playing back other media, if I hold down the center/select button for a second or two, it brings up the "play controls" where I can adjust playback options etc... holding down the center/select in this addon does nothing

Don't let my ATV2 issues distract you from what you're doing...sounds like you're making great progress! But something to consider as this addon matures.

I'll try to get those changes in. Hoping to finish epg by tonight! Smile
Does vlc have to have file type associations of any kind? Does xbmc need any additional addons? Does it matter I am running 64bit? Thanks
Killervette Wrote:Does vlc have to have file type associations of any kind? Does xbmc need any additional addons? Does it matter I am running 64bit? Thanks

The first two are no. As for x64, I don't think so, but I'm not positive.
I'll try to add in some more error messages so we know what's happening.
Probably tonight or tomorrow
Killervette Wrote:Does vlc have to have file type associations of any kind? Does xbmc need any additional addons? Does it matter I am running 64bit? Thanks

I run this on my 64bit machine with no issues

Releasing what I have for now, but its still a work in progress. The code is a bit messy since I tried to finish it quickly, but it is more stable than the other version

Note: Everything was updated except the vlc plugin. ALSO EPG IS NOT COMPLETELY DONE YET.

I also implemented some of the apis in a html file.
You can see it here: http://localhost:8555/m/

EDIT: In case some of you downloaded it, I modified some files since it broke XBMC if you disable the epg. Hence the 1.5.0a

EDIT: Updated to 1.5.1...
I get a urlopen timeout error when trying to run the addon.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10