• 50(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
no, vlc doesn't open to a gui
What do you look for to indicate that loading that URL in a browser is successfully performing the steps it should?
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

do you have ports 8555-8560 open & if trying to stream outside your lan, do you have them redirected to the machine you are trying to stream from?
I have the firewall completely disabled and no, for now I am just trying to get everything working on the same machine.

EDIT:
What do you guys get if you type the following into a browser? I get a 404 error.

http://127.0.0.1:8556/

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

ok, reading the thread more - I hate trying to follow a thread within a thread - too much noise.

I get the same as you with the url in a browser - just the json ok.

remoteceton does not seem to work with 127.0.0.1, just with localhost.

do you have the remotevlc dll installed in vlc? (can't remember the exact dll name, its in the remoteceton install zip
Yes the dll has been installed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\control\libremoteVLC_plugin.dll

Here is the global config too:
Code:
===================================================
GLOBAL CONFIGS
===================================================
SERVER_CONTROL_PORT=8555
SERVER_SECURED=true
SERVER_USERNAME=admin
SERVER_PASSWORD=admin
VLC_PROCESS=C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
#VLC PORTS are for the first tuner.
#For each port besides the first, the port = tuner 1 port + the tuner number - 1.
#Example: If VLC_STREAM_CTRL is 2386 for tuner 1, tuner 2 is 2387, etc.
VLC_STREAM_CTRL=2386
VLC_STREAM_PORT=8556
#Allow downloading of programming guide data
#Valid values are true or false
EPG_ENABLED=true
#Sets the hour of day to download the epg. This is downloaded daily
#Values are from 0 to 23.
EPG_HOUR_OF_DAY=4

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

ok.. odd question.. at thetop of the web interface.. which tuner are you using? try using all of them.
Unfortunately, yes. I just tried again for each tuner and none play in the window on the bottom right of the web interface. I have tried with the Flash player as well as the other and both just give a black square.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

my config looks the same as yours except I have server_secured=false

(I have used it with true, and that did work also).

I have used both the vlc and flash plugins in both ie and firefox and both worked fine.

have you tried ie or firefox (I have not used chrome, I think your thread said you used chrome).

what do you get if you load /m/index.html instead of the direct stream url? (I'm trying to catch up with the thread)

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this emann.

Here is a quick recap of my situation.
- When trying to use the cetontv program addon, it just shows a spinning loading icon, then error popup saying the media failed to play. Logs indicate that the stream URL returned nothing.
- The PVR addon fails similarly for the same reason.
- To simplify troubleshooting, I have decided to load the mobile interface in my desktop browser (this is still on the same machine as the cetontv application). Below is what that screen looks like.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

ok, I'm not using this in xbmc, just using it to stream to a browser on a remote machine.

so,I'm not much help on the xbmc issues you're seeing, but we should be able to get the web page working.

when on the web page, can you up arrow to get the Maury program highlighted. (or at least a program that doesn't say No Info)

then hit enter. that should cause the video to appear in the flash box - it takes a few seconds.

also, can you type in a channel number (don't use the numeric pad, just the qwerty top row).

does the number you type in appear as an overlay on the web page?

if you hit enter after hitting the number, does it go to that channel on the guide?

once the guide is on a different channel, hitting enter again should change the video to that channel.

Yes, the channel number overlay works just fine. I reloaded the page, (it's nightly news now instead of Maury). I switch to that channel (511 typed on the number pad) then hit enter. The channel preview box on the bottom right says JWplayer and gets a little spinner indicating progress of something then it displays a failed message just as above in the screenshot.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Video 
I took a quick screencast of my experience, so it will help anyone to spot anything I am doing wrong.

cetontv-setup-issues_20120903.flv

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

kind of lost myself here, it seems like everything is ok (except of course that it won't work)

Have you tried picking the VLC plugin with quality set to direct stream?

it looks like in xbmc, it is being reported as a 1080 stream, which is probably the direct stream, while on the web page, you are viewing the transcoded stream.

(2012-09-04, 05:20)angrycamel Wrote: I took a quick screencast of my experience, so it will help anyone to spot anything I am doing wrong.

Did you try another browser? did you try disabling the security (SERVER_SECURED=false)? I compared your config file to mine and they are identical (I have a Ceton though).

Did you forward ports 8555-8559 in your router?

Is tuner 1 the correct tuner? I know in Ceton you have to configure the card and specify which tuners are available outside of Windows Media Center.

try without index.html in the URL: http://localhost:8555/m/

You can also try to open the stream directly in VLC using ctrl-N:

http://localhost:8555/play?channel=511&t...trate=1500

I use this @ work to watch TV remotely, directly in VLC, w/o going through the web interface. It's easy to just change the channel number or encoding settings.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10