• 57(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
I also can certainly help with testing and am more than happy to help where I can (like I did before when you first started building this). I have a Ceton Infinitv for now so that would be my focus, but am definitely considering HDHR in the future.
Nice to see you back mcheng89. Just wondering if you could compile a linux build of the pvr.ceton pvr client plugin. I currently use Raspbmc on the Raspberry Pi and the script.cetontv but would love the Live TV support through the Live TV option.

I also have done quite a bit of PHP coding, nothing advanced though. Actually I am in the process of creating a site that uses quite a bit of PHP. So I can try to help if you wish when I have free time.

On a side note. I finally got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 streaming to the Raspberry Pi perfectly!
Setup:
- Change GUI Resolution to 720p.
- Change CetonTV Resolution to 720p
- Change Bitrate to 2000kbps.

These are the maximum settings that I found to work on the Raspberry Pi.
(2013-01-22, 16:16)mcheng89 Wrote: I'm curious if anyone would be interested in helping if I rewrote the program using apache/php... Let me know!
I'm guessing its a language that more people know over something like c++

I couldn't help with the code, but I am available for testing the HDHR Prime! I use remoteCeton 2.2.3 regularly and it works great! I've wowed a few friends with it too Big Grin All of the changes you've mentioned sound great! Especially the auto-tuner selection.
(2013-01-23, 12:57)PowerLion1 Wrote: Nice to see you back mcheng89. Just wondering if you could compile a linux build of the pvr.ceton pvr client plugin. I currently use Raspbmc on the Raspberry Pi and the script.cetontv but would love the Live TV support through the Live TV option.

I also have done quite a bit of PHP coding, nothing advanced though. Actually I am in the process of creating a site that uses quite a bit of PHP. So I can try to help if you wish when I have free time.

On a side note. I finally got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 streaming to the Raspberry Pi perfectly!
Setup:

I might look into it later. I'm busy with other things right now.

For the Raspberry Pi, you can actually get direct streaming working if you pay for the license! Smile

Rewrite progress moved to last page: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1322288
@mcheng89: I bought both the MPEG2 and VC-1 licenses but it still lags even when the GUI is set to 720p.

I must say thank you for all your work that you have and are putting into this! You are the man!
Hello,

Thank you for this project. I installed XBMC on my computer just to try this out. Two questions:

1. I see the instructions for adding logos to the web guide and I have done that successfully. It looks great. Is there any way to get those logos in the XBMC guide as well?
2. The web interfaces for both the index.html and the iphone compatible view work well on my android devices. On all of my windows machines I am unable to get the stream to work from the cetontv web interface 2.8. it works if I copy the link and paste it into VLC as a network address. When I click the link normally it will not open in the embedded player and I can see the server does not even detect that I am requesting a stream. It does detect if I open the link in a new tab (but a download launches). Any idea why i can't get it to work on the built in player? I have tested it on 3 different windows 7 computers with firefox chrome and IE and had all the same experience. Firefox is running vlc web plugin 2.0.2.0.
(2013-01-25, 06:49)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 12:57)PowerLion1 Wrote: Nice to see you back mcheng89. Just wondering if you could compile a linux build of the pvr.ceton pvr client plugin. I currently use Raspbmc on the Raspberry Pi and the script.cetontv but would love the Live TV support through the Live TV option.

Setup:

For the Raspberry Pi, you can actually get direct streaming working if you pay for the license! Smile

Update: Started working on some changes today (Jan 24)

Update #2: (Jan 26)
- rewrite server code - IN PROGRESS
----- rewrite HTTP server - FINISHED
----- hide that command prompt box! - FINISHED
----- user interface for configuring program - STARTED
- only use one port for streaming video.
- auto select tuners
- hdhomerun support
- multiple device support? (eg: 2 ceton devices + 1 hdhomerun)
- add adaptive streaming support for android/ios clients

Todo later:
- rewrite web clients
- fix up xbmc clients to auto select tuner

Do you have updated install files so we can use it?

Multiple device support would be great since I plan on building another box with two ceton cards in it. Keep up the good work mcheng89.
(2013-01-27, 00:42)substyle Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for this project. I installed XBMC on my computer just to try this out. Two questions:

1. I see the instructions for adding logos to the web guide and I have done that successfully. It looks great. Is there any way to get those logos in the XBMC guide as well?
2. The web interfaces for both the index.html and the iphone compatible view work well on my android devices. On all of my windows machines I am unable to get the stream to work from the cetontv web interface 2.8. it works if I copy the link and paste it into VLC as a network address. When I click the link normally it will not open in the embedded player and I can see the server does not even detect that I am requesting a stream. It does detect if I open the link in a new tab (but a download launches). Any idea why i can't get it to work on the built in player? I have tested it on 3 different windows 7 computers with firefox chrome and IE and had all the same experience. Firefox is running vlc web plugin 2.0.2.0.

1. I'll take a look later. I'm trying to get the new server done first.
2. Does the flash player work? If you are trying to get the vlc player to work, make sure you install the web plugin when you install VLC.

(2013-01-28, 16:33)jfoley Wrote: Do you have updated install files so we can use it?

Not yet... :\

Random thoughts:
This is a really cool media player interface for a webbrowser:
http://sensesproject.com/
Any reason this wouldn't work with Windows 8?
(2013-01-25, 06:49)mcheng89 Wrote:

Setup:

Update #3: (Jan 28)

Update #4: (Jan 29)

Update #5: (Jan 30)

Update #6: (Jan 31)

Update #7: (Feb 1)

Update #8: (Feb 2)
- rewrite server code - IN PROGRESS
----- web interface to configure program - FINISHED
----- multiple device support (eg: 2 ceton devices + 1 hdhomerun) - FINISHED
--------- rewrite config file for multiple tuners - FINISHED
--------- modify web page to configure tuners - FINISHED
----- hdhomerun support - FINISHED
--------- handle hdhomerun streams - FINISHED
--------- get hdhomerun channels - FINISHED
----- add epg processing code - IN PROGRESS
--------- xmltv parser - FINISHED
--------- epg updater scheduler - 60%
----- ceton support - IN PROGRESS
--------- upnp lib init+destroy only once for multiple devices - FINISHED
--------- import old ceton code - 85%
----- rewrite vlc transcoding - IN PROGRESS
--------- only use one port for streaming video - IN PROGRESS
----- rewrite http api calls - IN PROGRESS
--------- play
--------- get epg data - IN PROGRESS
--------- get channel list - IN PROGRESS
----- add security back
----- auto select tuners
- add adaptive streaming support for android/ios clients

Todo later:
- rewrite web clients
- fix up xbmc clients to auto select tuner

Been following your progress... You are a machine! Keep up the great work and looking forward to getting my hands on the new version.
(2013-02-03, 00:12)LehighBri Wrote: Been following your progress... You are a machine! Keep up the great work and looking forward to getting my hands on the new version.

Actually alot of the old code was reused. I'm just cleaning up the code since it was getting sloppy.
(2013-02-02, 21:44)Sleerts Wrote: Any reason this wouldn't work with Windows 8?

I dont have a Win8 computer to test with, but I dont see any problems. I assume the server will run as a desktop app though.

Update #3: (Jan 28)

Update #4: (Jan 29)

Update #5: (Jan 30)

Update #6: (Jan 31)

Update #7: (Feb 1)

Update #8: (Feb 2)

Update #9: (Feb 3)

Update #10: (Feb 4)

Update #11: (Feb 5)

Update #12: (Feb 6)
- rewrite server code - FINISHED
----- update libraries - FINISHED
--------- updated json-c - FINISHED
--------- updated sqlite - FINISHED
--------- updated mongoose - FINISHED
--------- updated xerces-c - FINISHED
----- web interface to configure program - FINISHED
----- multiple device support (eg: 2 ceton devices + 1 hdhomerun) - FINISHED
--------- rewrite config file for multiple tuners - FINISHED
--------- modify web page to configure tuners - FINISHED
----- hdhomerun support - FINISHED
--------- handle hdhomerun streams - FINISHED
--------- get hdhomerun channels - FINISHED
----- add epg processing code - FINISHED
--------- xmltv parser - FINISHED
--------- epg update scheduler - FINISHED
----- auto select tuners - FINISHED
--------- fixed mutex locks - FINISHED
----- rewrite vlc transcoding - FINISHED
--------- only use one port for streaming video - FINISHED
--------- option to set max transcode bitrate - FINISHED
--------- add a check to plugin to make sure its streaming - FINISHED
----- secure http api calls - FINISHED
--------- reuse old security code - FINISHED
----- ceton support - FINISHED
--------- upnp lib init+destroy only once for multiple devices - FINISHED
--------- import old ceton code - FINISHED
----- rewrite http api calls - FINISHED
--------- play - FINISHED
--------- stream - FINISHED
--------- get epg data - FINISHED
--------- get channel list - FINISHED
--------- hls support for android/ios - FINISHED

- update clients:
----- web - FINISHED
----- xbmc - FINISHED
--------- fix epg - FINISHED
--------- fix video stream - FINISHED
----- android/ios - FINISHED

Todo later:
- rewrite web client
- add adaptive streaming support for android/ios clients - IN PROGRESS

HTTP API list:
/m/* - serve files under webfiles directory
/status - server status info
/shutdown - shutdown server. can only access locally (localhost)
/shutdown?restart=true - restart server. can only access locally (localhost)
/getEPGData - get epg data. should be a POST request with data in json format: {"start_time": epoch_start_time, "end_time": epoch_end_time, "channel_list": [1,2,3,4...] }
/getChannels - get full channel list in csv format
/getChannels?format=json&limit=10&page=0 - get channel list in csv format. limit and page are optional (defaults to 10 and 0). limit = 0 returns full channel list
/play?format=ts&redirect=true&resolution=480&bitrate=500 - start video stream. if redirect is false, the url of the stream is returned
I does work with Windows 8. I didn't care for Windows 8 that much (too many issues) so I went back to Windows 7.
Just tested and HDHomeRun works great (and so does auto select of tuners Smile )!

Update: Going to try to finish the server within the next two days...
(2013-02-03, 22:50)mcheng89 Wrote: Just tested and HDHomeRun works great (and so does auto select of tuners Smile )!

Update: Going to try to finish the server within the next two days...

Awesome! Can't wait!
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10