• 70(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
(2013-04-18, 09:34)dbqbbq Wrote: Yes you can open the stream in VLC directly. Path is listed in API.Readme but an example would be http://host:8888/play?channel=50&format=...itrate=500 (this is a ts stream, not flv, but hopefully that's okay for you). Make sure to include the redirect=true part or else it won't work (some of the other commands are optional I believe, but don't quote me on this).

As an fyi, mcheng is currently working on fixing the aspect ratio in the web interface (along with adding mute and stop buttons). Should be in release 0.5.11 according to his recent posts.
Thank you, that worked out great. I will check out the api.readme. Also, thanks for the info on web interface, that is great to know.
(2013-04-18, 04:07)mcheng89 Wrote: @rtwolfe: I'm working on some changes to get channel logos using the My Channel Logos app Smile

mcheng89 First, thank you soo... much for all you have done and keep doing, Ceton should have you on commission, for all the business you drive there way.

My Channel Logos was the app I used to dress up my WMC. Great App and great to have it tied into your work.

Question - Not sure if this is a skin issue, am using Hybrid skin. I use the List setting (i think) in the EPG. It shows the LOGO, channel number and the Channel 'Name' (from channelmap.csv??) on the left side of the EPC. Some of the channel names are pretty cryptic, and I would prefer either 1) just channel number and logo, or 2) channel number, logo and a more readable name like Weather Channel. (Logo and Weather Channel, might work too). Is there a way to add those readable names so they show in the EPG? Did not want to edit the channelmap.csv in Notepad++ in case it screwed something up.

Another question - Maybe I have something set wrong. When I open Live TV, the EPG appears AND the Left Panel with EPG options is also visible. I can easily close the Left Panel each time but wonder if I have something set incorrectly.
Again, thanks for all your fine work. Cheers
@rtwolfe: It's probably a skin issue if you want to hide the channel name. To modify it just change it in the channelmap file. If you mess up, just delete the channel map and restart the server. A new channel map will be created.
(2013-04-18, 03:24)five Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 22:06)rtwolfe Wrote: It looks like you have the multi room viewing working via an XBMC install on another PC in your home? I am struggling to get this working. I can channel surf to my heart's content on my basement server. Alll are Windows 7. I want to also get XBMC Live TV working in the upstairs family room.
I haven't tried multi-room yet, only have it working on the server so far. From other machines / phones, I am just starting the flv or hls stream from the browser and opening on the other device. I used it from work today and it worked well. Still have xbmc work to do. I know thus far recording is not supported, but are there any plans to do that or is nextpvr where it's at to go that route?

Many thanks to dbqbbq!

I have my TV server Windows 7 PC running Ceton card as before but now, I can also view Live TV with XBMC running on a different PC. I assigned a static IP to my TV server PC a long time ago. (Don't know if this is important, am guessing not but... I also have a static IP assigned to the 2nd PC that is pulling Live TV from my TV server PC. Scanned the web to learn how to set static IPs on my brand of router.) Got a PM from dbqbbq with suggestions on how to solve my problem. His first suggestion nailed it.

"Things to be sure of here are that you have the right address for the server (it should be whatever the ethernet address of the computer is, most likely 192.168.1.xxx, but definitely not 127.0.0.1 - that only works from the server itself), that you're addressing the correct port and don't have overlapping ports (default is 8888 which I don't think is used by anything else but keep 8889-8893 clear as well because they are used internally by the server program), and that any firewall is properly configured or disabled (including any potential firewall within the router, depending on how it handles local network requests)."

I had left the default 127.0.0.1 address when I configured the PVR client for my TV::Server PC. That worked fine on my TV server box that has the Ceton tuner. But for the PVR client on the second PC, I had to configured the PVR client to point to the static IP assigned to TV server box. My 2nd PC pulls in lower WIFI bandwidth that I'd like. So I had to also throttle down the resolution and quality displayed on the 2nd PC's PVR client to reduce stuttering. Resolution and quality are set on the same configure page where you change the TV server IP address.

Thanks again to dbqbbq, mcheng89 and all the others who give their time and effort to provide such great software for us to use.
I am using a HD Homerun Prime. I was able to get everything working in XBMC and I have been able to stream to VLC. I have not been able to get it to work in my browser (Chrome although I have tried others as well). I can't get it to work in Plex either. Has anyone been able to get this to work in Plex. If so how?
(2013-04-22, 18:46)dsc1000 Wrote: I am using a HD Homerun Prime. I was able to get everything working in XBMC and I have been able to stream to VLC. I have not been able to get it to work in my browser (Chrome although I have tried others as well). I can't get it to work in Plex either. Has anyone been able to get this to work in Plex. If so how?

Welcome to the forum, Sounds like it might be a port forwarding issue. It works for me in Plex after adding the bundle to the folder listed in the install guide albeit the channel logo is just shows up as a white square on the main screen. When you are at home and you browse to <Server ip>:8888/m/index.html does anything pull up? if not you may need to turn off or punch holes in the windows firewall on your server machine to allow the 8888 port and port forward your router to send traffic on that port to your machine's internal ip.
Thanks! I have it working in the browser now. I am able to access it in Plex as well, but when I go to a specific channel it just hangs up.
(2013-04-22, 21:16)dsc1000 Wrote: Thanks! I have it working in the browser now. I am able to access it in Plex as well, but when I go to a specific channel it just hangs up.

Ok I was able to replicate your issue, if you go to the plex server's webpage <server ip>:32400/web/ and try to stream it just spins like in your screenshot above. However my plex app for iPhone works fine. Have you tried the Plex Media Center app for Windows: http://www.plexapp.com/download/plex-media-center.php
I see. My goal was to get it to work on the server's webpage and then to get it to work on my Roku which has a plex channel. Has anyone tried this route or would it make more sense to create a Roku channel for mediafire and bypass Plex.
(2013-04-23, 00:59)dsc1000 Wrote: I see. My goal was to get it to work on the server's webpage and then to get it to work on my Roku which has a plex channel. Has anyone tried this route or would it make more sense to create a Roku channel for mediafire and bypass Plex.

Have you tried the Roku yet? I havent found a solution for the plex webpage yet (I also havent spent too much time on it).
I actually would like to try working on a Roku channel...

(2013-04-22, 22:40)Massfeller Wrote: Ok I was able to replicate your issue, if you go to the plex server's webpage <server ip>:32400/web/ and try to stream it just spins like in your screenshot above. However my plex app for iPhone works fine. Have you tried the Plex Media Center app for Windows: http://www.plexapp.com/download/plex-media-center.php

Does the media center app work? I havent tried it yet.

(2013-04-22, 19:39)Massfeller Wrote: Welcome to the forum, Sounds like it might be a port forwarding issue. It works for me in Plex after adding the bundle to the folder listed in the install guide albeit the channel logo is just shows up as a white square on the main screen. When you are at home and you browse to <Server ip>:8888/m/index.html does anything pull up? if not you may need to turn off or punch holes in the windows firewall on your server machine to allow the 8888 port and port forward your router to send traffic on that port to your machine's internal ip.

Its a white square because I dont have a good icon to put there.

v0.5.11 WINDOWS:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3drdzfv6nz4d5kl
v0.5.11 MAC OSX:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v1n2y1n6w4i3k41

v0.5.11 - OSX Release - 4/22/2013
* Fixed memory leak on epg update
* Fixed unclosed handles on vlc plugin
* PVR plugin auth fix
* Initial Enigma2 support (buggy)
* Channel groups support (for Enigma2)
* Fix shutdown for hdhomerun http tuners
* OSX support
* Minor improvements to vlc startup
* Fix flash scaling for web interface

@dbqbbq: didnt get a chance to put the volume controls in yet.
(2013-04-23, 05:54)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-04-23, 00:59)dsc1000 Wrote: I see. My goal was to get it to work on the server's webpage and then to get it to work on my Roku which has a plex channel. Has anyone tried this route or would it make more sense to create a Roku channel for mediafire and bypass Plex.

Have you tried the Roku yet? I havent found a solution for the plex webpage yet (I also havent spent too much time on it).
I actually would like to try working on a Roku channel...

(2013-04-22, 22:40)Massfeller Wrote: Ok I was able to replicate your issue, if you go to the plex server's webpage <server ip>:32400/web/ and try to stream it just spins like in your screenshot above. However my plex app for iPhone works fine. Have you tried the Plex Media Center app for Windows: http://www.plexapp.com/download/plex-media-center.php

Does the media center app work? I havent tried it yet.

(2013-04-22, 19:39)Massfeller Wrote: Welcome to the forum, Sounds like it might be a port forwarding issue. It works for me in Plex after adding the bundle to the folder listed in the install guide albeit the channel logo is just shows up as a white square on the main screen. When you are at home and you browse to <Server ip>:8888/m/index.html does anything pull up? if not you may need to turn off or punch holes in the windows firewall on your server machine to allow the 8888 port and port forward your router to send traffic on that port to your machine's internal ip.

Its a white square because I dont have a good icon to put there.

v0.5.11 WINDOWS:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3drdzfv6nz4d5kl
v0.5.11 MAC OSX:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v1n2y1n6w4i3k41

v0.5.11 - OSX Release - 4/22/2013
* Fixed memory leak on epg update
* Fixed unclosed handles on vlc plugin
* PVR plugin auth fix
* Initial Enigma2 support (buggy)
* Channel groups support (for Enigma2)
* Fix shutdown for hdhomerun http tuners
* OSX support
* Minor improvements to vlc startup
* Fix flash scaling for web interface

@dbqbbq: didnt get a chance to put the volume controls in yet.

is there any plan for a Ubuntu version of this?
(2013-04-23, 06:17)dem0n2001 Wrote: is there any plan for a Ubuntu version of this?

Should be easy to do now that mac support is done! I need to install ubuntu on a vm and recompile the code. I'll give it a try sometime this week.
awesome!
Just downloaded the Roku SDK. Looks like it supports .hls streaming. I may start working on this.
Hi,
I am new to this forum, i tried new v0.5.11, when i am trying to add new device (tuner) its not adding at all. pl. help me
Thanks
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10