• 86(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
Awesome work mcheng89!

I had this quickly working on my Windows XMBC through the tv:Confusederver PVR client addon. I also have it working on my iPhone and Android tablet (using Chrome). I am not quite able to get it working on my Raspbmc yet though. I have loaded the script.tvserver through a zip, but it only loads and configures in the program addons. I am hoping it is a simple problem I am missing, but I will keep looking. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
video not found or access denied error. I changed the port number in the gui but I noticed in the error the old port 8888 was there. Is there a file that can edit that?

so... I edited the vlc path to 64 bit path and it didnt work.. changed the port back to 8888 and vlc to 32 bit it worked. changed port to the desired one and it worked....? IDK lol
(2013-11-18, 08:39)fweefwee Wrote: video not found or access denied error. I changed the port number in the gui but I noticed in the error the old port 8888 was there. Is there a file that can edit that?

so... I edited the vlc path to 64 bit path and it didnt work.. changed the port back to 8888 and vlc to 32 bit it worked. changed port to the desired one and it worked....? IDK lol

i have been able to fix the Win XBMC permission error by editing the permissions on the addon folder, put user "everyone" and full control.

/I have got the plugin to work on my Rasberry PI with Raspbmc but encountering two issues:

1. Every time I change the channel the Raspberry PI reboots, upon relaunch of addon the channel selected before crashing will launch. Attempted to use other stream resolutions and speeds, same issue.

2. I can get audio when using the Direct Stream function but no video on raspbmc
(2013-11-19, 07:26)ford13fx4 Wrote: 1. Every time I change the channel the Raspberry PI reboots, upon relaunch of addon the channel selected before crashing will launch. Attempted to use other stream resolutions and speeds, same issue.

2. I can get audio when using the Direct Stream function but no video on raspbmc

1. I experienced the same problem with my PI. No resolution yet.

2. Do you have a mpeg license for your Raspberry PI?
I'm using Openelec on my Pi and Direct Stream works great but I'm unable to change channels using iOS remote app or the TV remote. I even tried using a Lenovo multimedia Keyboard but I wasn't able to get it to work.
Will this software work with HDHR3-CC, and not the prime? Or should I be looking at mythtv instead? Thanks
(2013-12-04, 16:57)raczyk Wrote: Will this software work with HDHR3-CC, and not the prime? Or should I be looking at mythtv instead? Thanks

It will work with the HDHR3-CC (assuming Newegg is correct in telling me that model number is the HDHR Prime with 3 cablecard tuners).
(2013-12-04, 19:05)dbqbbq Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 16:57)raczyk Wrote: Will this software work with HDHR3-CC, and not the prime? Or should I be looking at mythtv instead? Thanks

It will work with the HDHR3-CC (assuming Newegg is correct in telling me that model number is the HDHR Prime with 3 cablecard tuners).

It's not the prime, referring to the dual tunner hdhr, like this one. .
(2013-12-04, 19:16)raczyk Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 19:05)dbqbbq Wrote:

It's not the prime, referring to the dual tunner hdhr, like this one. .

The one you linked is the HDHR3-US, not the HDHR3-CC. The software works for cable card tuners only and thus would not work for the HDHR3-US.
hi mcheng,

is it possible for you to produce a DLNA/UPNP compatible stream?

I would like to stream from my infinitv-4 to a smarttv.

Thanks!
I am having some difficulty configuring the tv:Confusederver. I was able to parse the xml data for the guide. I am able to run the tvserver app (sorry, forgot to mention this is all in OSX 10.9) . I can get to the web interface for the server. No devices are listed. I click to add one. I am using a HDHomerun Prime. I enter the ip address of the hdhomerun and click save but it will NOT save. I also verified I can contact the hdhomerun with the ip address I am entering. I am a bit stumped....Any suggestions?

EDIT: i have the mac firewall off as well as littlesnitch firewall disabled as well. I also tried Firefox, Safari, and Chrome browsers to no avail. Ironically, I CAN add an Enigma 2 as a device but not hdhomerun....
I am not up on XBMC addons so i need a little help here,

Some quick quests;

When setting up the server im getting an error; No active tuners available. I entered the IP of the Ceton 4 and left all the other settings as is, Port 8888, Admin, Admin, EPG unchecked, and EPG hour of day 4.

Obviously when i run theTV.:Server app in XBMC i'm geting the error message; Please make sure the server is running. All settings here match what is on the tv.Confusederver setting page.

People keep talking about streaming via VLC im guessing ill need to get the tv.Confusederver up first?

Another thing to note is when I finish the config on the tv.exe and press restart server, the restart is initaited but it never complete.

My Ceton4 is added with its IP on the server webpage.

Anything im missing?
(2013-11-10, 19:44)mcheng89 Wrote: I'll be back soon. It's almost the holidays so I'll have some more time.

I might look into streaming to xbox one and xbox 360 using playto. Hopefully ps4 can get dlna dmr support also, so I can send tv from browser/phone! Smile

@kymiller - not too sure about chromecast right now (I dont have one). Does the flash player not work with the chrome tab feature?

@jdpman, @dsc1000 - thanks for the link. maybe I can contact computmaxer to see if I can modify it for this app Smile

hi was just wondering if you were able to look at broadcasting the server in a dlna stream.. it would be so much sweeter to use an app like avia http://aviatheapp.com/ that could see your server and take the transcoded stream (like the webplayer) and push it to chromecast. right now avia sees the hd homerun prime on the lan but cant stream the raw mpeg2 to the chromecast device. having to keep a laptop or pc open to "cast" the tab to chromecast device sucks
I'm back.

In progress:
Fixing some issues with the hdhomerun and latest vlc 2.1.2.
DLNA media server
(2013-12-27, 06:13)mcheng89 Wrote: I'm back.

In progress:
Fixing some issues with the hdhomerun and latest vlc 2.1.2.
DLNA media server

Welcome back. Can't wait for the new improvements.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10