• 36(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
(2012-03-20, 04:22)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 03:58)jfoley Wrote: Ok, I am now onto a different issue. I am trying to reduce the resolution from "Original" to anything else it will not stream? Is this normal? I am trying to get it configured so I can view outside of my network and I doubt I will be able to stream 1080p across a WAN?

Also, I see a lot of Ipad/Iphone support, anything for Android?

Not sure about the transcoding issue... whats the specs for your computer?
Android ICS works great on my hp touchpad Smile (same web app as iOS)

The computer is overkill... i7 3930k (Hex Core) clocked currently at 4.0ghz w/ 32gb of ram. CPU at max is 5% utilized and ram is running about 25%

Interesting on the Touchpad... I have a Xoom tablet running ICS but haven't tried with it yet. I tried on my Droid Bionic rooted, running ICS and it didn't work. I just tried with the default browser and also with the Android VLC player app. What are you using as your app/browser?
(2012-03-20, 04:30)jfoley Wrote: The computer is overkill... i7 3930k (Hex Core) clocked currently at 4.0ghz w/ 32gb of ram. CPU at max is 5% utilized and ram is running about 25%

Interesting on the Touchpad... I have a Xoom tablet running ICS but haven't tried with it yet. I tried on my Droid Bionic rooted, running ICS and it didn't work. I just tried with the default browser and also with the Android VLC player app. What are you using as your app/browser?

The stock browser works but it is a bit slow (could be that touchpad software is still in development).
Chrome browser is smooth though..

put this url in vlc on your desktop (fix the tuner and channel number if needed):
http://localhost:8555/play?channel=7&tun...irect=true
(2012-03-20, 04:38)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 04:30)jfoley Wrote: The computer is overkill... i7 3930k (Hex Core) clocked currently at 4.0ghz w/ 32gb of ram. CPU at max is 5% utilized and ram is running about 25%

The stock browser works but it is a bit slow (could be that touchpad software is still in development).
Chrome browser is smooth though..

put this url in vlc on your desktop (fix the tuner and channel number if needed):
http://localhost:8555/play?channel=7&tun...irect=true

Just tried on the xoom running ics. Page looks good but it tries to download a file when I click on the video. Also says pluggin not installed
(2012-03-20, 04:50)jfoley Wrote: Just tried on the xoom running ics. Page looks good but it tries to download a file when I click on the video. Also says pluggin not installed

which url are you using? http://localhost:8555/m/ or http://localhost:8555/m/iphone.html
I was trying http://localhost:8555/m/ and it wasn't working. Tried the iPhone one and doest appear to work either. Clicking around but video doesn't start.
(2012-03-20, 05:15)jfoley Wrote: I was trying http://localhost:8555/m/ and it wasn't working. Tried the iPhone one and doest appear to work either. Clicking around but video doesn't start.

iphone requires a double tap on a video, so you dont accidentally start a channel

edit: i'll pm you tomorrow.. gonna go to sleep
I am guessing the issue I am having is on the back end. I figured out how to start the video using the iPhone page but it just says loading for ever. I am guessing this is the same result of the issue on the desktop with trying to change resolution to anything but original?
(2012-03-20, 05:25)jfoley Wrote: I am guessing the issue I am having is on the back end. I figured out how to start the video using the iPhone page but it just says loading for ever. I am guessing this is the same result of the issue on the desktop with trying to change resolution to anything but original?

Did you copy the vlc plugin from the remoteVLC folder and place it into the videolan/vlc/plugins/control folder
(2012-03-20, 16:30)europorsche914 Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 05:25)jfoley Wrote: I am guessing the issue I am having is on the back end. I figured out how to start the video using the iPhone page but it just says loading for ever. I am guessing this is the same result of the issue on the desktop with trying to change resolution to anything but original?

Did you copy the vlc plugin from the remoteVLC folder and place it into the videolan/vlc/plugins/control folder

Yep, everything works except for viewing from my Mobile device (Android Tablet and Phone) and also changing the resolution to anything but "Original".
@europorsche914: do you know if vlc takes focus away from the browser if you click on it?
Ill test it later ionce I get home.

Thinking about making a wmc like interface for the browser :p
(2012-03-20, 18:57)mcheng89 Wrote: @europorsche914: do you know if vlc takes focus away from the browser if you click on it?

yea it does

Btw: I've been messing with the iPhone GUI, attempting to mod it into something similar to what you showed in those links.. First time messing with html5 so it'll take me some time
(2012-03-20, 19:33)europorsche914 Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 18:57)mcheng89 Wrote: @europorsche914: do you know if vlc takes focus away from the browser if you click on it?

yea it does

Btw: I've been messing with the iPhone GUI, attempting to mod it into something similar to what you showed in those links.. First time messing with html5 so it'll take me some time

@jfoley: sent you pm....

first attempt at web interface... gonna scrap it for a more wmc look Smile

also for vlc focus issue, i'm thinking about making a loop in the background to set the focus back to the browser...
that way we can implement hotkeys and epg navigation? also channel input?
(2012-03-21, 00:09)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 19:33)europorsche914 Wrote:

yea it does

@jfoley: sent you pm....

first attempt at web interface... gonna scrap it for a more wmc look Smile

also for vlc focus issue, i'm thinking about making a loop in the background to set the focus back to the browser...
that way we can implement hotkeys and epg navigation? also channel input?

Is that in html or html5? I like it its very sleek looking, maybe we can do an onClick event on the vlc plugin and then set focus back to the window.
(2012-03-21, 01:22)europorsche914 Wrote: Is that in html or html5? I like it its very sleek looking, maybe we can do an onClick event on the vlc plugin and then set focus back to the window.

html code here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?as3h058913qyr61
(2012-03-21, 01:35)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 01:22)europorsche914 Wrote: Is that in html or html5? I like it its very sleek looking, maybe we can do an onClick event on the vlc plugin and then set focus back to the window.

html code here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?as3h058913qyr61

I see what your doing there let me know when you settle on a layout you like and I can apply it to the web gui Wink

EDIT: I started looking into adding episode info and cover art from thetvdb.com, they have an api setup to use which I think is something similar to what is used in the time warner/xfinity app
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10