• 64(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
(2013-03-16, 16:45)shpitz461 Wrote: Anyone on android, how do you get the keyboard to pop up in order to navigate the guide?

You have to use the iPhone.HTML page that is touch friendly.

Xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8888/m/iPhone.html
Is there a way to multicast a stream with this setup? If mutlicast isn't the correct terminology I will explain what I am trying to do. Can I have a channel streaming and have multiple people connect to the one stream?

Also I should state that this would be across the WAN not local.
(2013-03-18, 18:09)jfoley Wrote: Is there a way to multicast a stream with this setup? If mutlicast isn't the correct terminology I will explain what I am trying to do. Can I have a channel streaming and have multiple people connect to the one stream?

AFAIK the current way TV Server is written is the last bird gets the worm, I learned the hard way when I tuned in using my iPhone and TV Server grabbed the tuner away from MCE thus screwing up my wife's recording of Cougar Town (God Forbid) and getting me yelled at in the process. I've heard rumor of Tuner Pooling in an upcoming release but that won't help you. You want to be able to start a stream and allow multiple users to open it with like VLC I'm assuming. I would suspect there may be a certain call you could run from the command line to grab the right tuner and channel and send the stream thru VLC. I think in theory it's possible but I don't know enough about the source programming to tell you how. Depending on how many users are watching college basketball at work, another assumption... you would probably need some decent horsepower / bandwidth on the server end. Hopefully Mike might help clear this up.
The redesign looks freakin awesome man!! Thank you for this.

Everything looks good on my end but one minor issue. I set up a custom channel list which left out all the non hd channels and channels I don't ever watch. This worked perfectly on the last web GUI. I just copied over the old mc2xml.chl and channelmap.csv files. My guide is showing every channel, not just the ones in my previous settings. However, it is apparently only downloading guide data for my requested channels (everything else outside of my requested range says no program data). any idea why? I opened up the xmltv.xml file and it looks like the first channel on the list is 501 which is exactly what I was hoping for, but the first channel on the list when I open the web gui is channel 1.
(2013-03-19, 02:11)Massfeller Wrote:
(2013-03-18, 18:09)jfoley Wrote: Is there a way to multicast a stream with this setup? If mutlicast isn't the correct terminology I will explain what I am trying to do. Can I have a channel streaming and have multiple people connect to the one stream?

AFAIK the current way TV Server is written is the last bird gets the worm, I learned the hard way when I tuned in using my iPhone and TV Server grabbed the tuner away from MCE thus screwing up my wife's recording of Cougar Town (God Forbid) and getting me yelled at in the process. I've heard rumor of Tuner Pooling in an upcoming release but that won't help you. You want to be able to start a stream and allow multiple users to open it with like VLC I'm assuming. I would suspect there may be a certain call you could run from the command line to grab the right tuner and channel and send the stream thru VLC. I think in theory it's possible but I don't know enough about the source programming to tell you how. Depending on how many users are watching college basketball at work, another assumption... you would probably need some decent horsepower / bandwidth on the server end. Hopefully Mike might help clear this up.

What i've done to avoid that is assign 3 tuners to MCE, then the 4th one is available to everything else. Then I set tvserver to use tuner 4 only.
In regards to what a previous poster wrote about the server yanking the tuner away from MCE, I think I am experiencing the same issue now. I have set up tvserver to use tuners 2, 3, 4 on the ceton. MCE uses tuner 1. When I begin streaming MCE reports that it has a weak signal. Cutting off the stream and restarting MCE, it works again. This issue was not present in the old version.
(2013-03-21, 21:54)substyle Wrote: In regards to what a previous poster wrote about the server yanking the tuner away from MCE, I think I am experiencing the same issue now. I have set up tvserver to use tuners 2, 3, 4 on the ceton. MCE uses tuner 1. When I begin streaming MCE reports that it has a weak signal. Cutting off the stream and restarting MCE, it works again. This issue was not present in the old version.

I rarely watch remotely so I never tried both at the same time... I'll test and report back...
(2013-03-21, 16:17)substyle Wrote: The redesign looks freakin awesome man!! Thank you for this.

Everything looks good on my end but one minor issue. I set up a custom channel list which left out all the non hd channels and channels I don't ever watch. This worked perfectly on the last web GUI. I just copied over the old mc2xml.chl and channelmap.csv files. My guide is showing every channel, not just the ones in my previous settings. However, it is apparently only downloading guide data for my requested channels (everything else outside of my requested range says no program data). any idea why? I opened up the xmltv.xml file and it looks like the first channel on the list is 501 which is exactly what I was hoping for, but the first channel on the list when I open the web gui is channel 1.

mc2xml.chl only limits the guide data, not the actual channel listing.
Can you try modifying the new channelmap file? The old one might not work.

@Massfeller, @substyle: I'll take a look at the MCE issues this weekend
Hello,

Quick question. Do you guys know why non-local channels would be choppy whereas local channels stream just fine? I am watching the NCAA tournament and switching between CBS (local), TruTv, TBS and TNT. The games on CBS play beautiful whereas the games on the other channels are choppy.
HD or SD? Did you try another tuner?

Did you try to watch directly in VLC?

Did you try different res? bitrate?
(2013-03-22, 06:03)shpitz461 Wrote: HD or SD?
HD was the issue, SD at the same resolution / bit rate would be fine.

Did you try another tuner?
I didn't try the a different tuner but can later today.

Can I use VLC over the WAN?

I did try different res / bitrate and had the same problem. As I said prior, using the SD channel at the same res/ bit rate it would be fine.

It seems as though certain channels are affected by this while others are not. I have tested enough to determine if it is specifically "Local Channels" vs. "Non-Local". It might even be sports programming specific. This is when I mostly watch using this. If it is sports specific, it works fine on local channels but choppy on the others.
Are you ceton or hdhomerun?

Quote:Did you try to watch directly in VLC?

just put in this url to vlc:
http://<server ip>:8888/play?channel=<channel>&bitrate=500&resolution=480&redirect=true
(2013-03-22, 14:14)jfoley Wrote:

I did try different res / bitrate and had the same problem. As I said prior, using the SD channel at the same res/ bit rate it would be fine.

It seems as though certain channels are affected by this while others are not. I have tested enough to determine if it is specifically "Local Channels" vs. "Non-Local". It might even be sports programming specific. This is when I mostly watch using this. If it is sports specific, it works fine on local channels but choppy on the others.

Sports by nature requires more bitrate since it's fast moving action, so even if you set to let's say 1000kbps, that won't be enough for res of 480 when there's a lot of action. try lowering the res and keeping/increasing the bitrate and see if that helps. I think it has to do with content, not about which channel it is...
(2013-03-22, 15:01)shpitz461 Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 14:14)jfoley Wrote:

Sports by nature requires more bitrate since it's fast moving action, so even if you set to let's say 1000kbps, that won't be enough for res of 480 when there's a lot of action. try lowering the res and keeping/increasing the bitrate and see if that helps. I think it has to do with content, not about which channel it is...

If that is true, how do you explain the fact the games worked fine on 512 (CBS HD) but when I would switch over the 539 (TruTV) the games would be choppy?

To answer another persons question, I am using both HD Homerun Prime and Ceton but it seems as though it picks the Ceton first.
(2013-03-22, 15:21)jfoley Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 15:01)shpitz461 Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 14:14)jfoley Wrote: It seems as though certain channels are affected by this while others are not. I have tested enough to determine if it is specifically "Local Channels" vs. "Non-Local". It might even be sports programming specific. This is when I mostly watch using this. If it is sports specific, it works fine on local channels but choppy on the others.

If that is true, how do you explain the fact the games worked fine on 512 (CBS HD) but when I would switch over the 539 (TruTV) the games would be choppy?

To answer another persons question, I am using both HD Homerun Prime and Ceton but it seems as though it picks the Ceton first.

In that case I can't... maybe it has to do with the tuner, maybe TruTV is weaker on this specific one... did you try other tuners?
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10