Paused music produces sound loop
Question 
Hi guys, having issues with beta 1 in that whenever I play music and pause it a constant loop of the last frame of the track is played until I unpause playback at which point it will continue normally. I only experience the issue when using WASAPI, the problem is not present using Directsound. I've had a look at my debug log and can see no obvious errors but here it is anyway Debug log.
I get this with WASAPI as well, but I haven't looked for a solution as I rarely pause (or I just mute it if I do). Just confirming it happens. From what I know of the code you won't find anything in your debug log to hint at it.

In technical terms I think for WASAPI it needs to flush the buffer on pause - thats hard-coded in now as to how it handles pausing.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:I get this with WASAPI as well, but I haven't looked for a solution as I rarely pause (or I just mute it if I do). Just confirming it happens. From what I know of the code you won't find anything in your debug log to hint at it.

In technical terms I think for WASAPI it needs to flush the buffer on pause - thats hard-coded in now as to how it handles pausing.

That was my thinking as to what's causing the error aswell, hopefully it'll be fixed in eden final/beta 2.
Can this be confirmed as a recognised issue by someone or do I need to trac it?
Worth checking trac and adding it if not there Cool
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
#12513: Music playback loop on pause using WASAPI
---------------------------------------------------+------------------------
Reporter: tungmeister | Owner: DDDamian
Type: Bugs | Status: closed
Priority: 4 - Normal | Milestone: 11.0
Component: Music playback (audio files playback) | Version: GIT
Severity: Normal | Resolution: Fixed
Keywords: | Blockedby:
Blocking: | Platform: Windows
Revision: |
---------------------------------------------------+------------------------
Changes (by DDDamian):

* version: 11.0 "Eden" Beta 2 => GIT
* resolution: => Fixed
* milestone: Future / Pending => 11.0

Comment:

Fixed in commit to master 683b3ff by DDDamian

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12513#comment:2>
Thanks alot for fixing this! wish I'd looked at the code myself now the fix is so ridiculously simple lol.
tungmeister Wrote:Thanks alot for fixing this! wish I'd looked at the code myself now the fix is so ridiculously simple lol.

Wasn't it though? Lol - my first commit to master branch. I've done a bunch for AE and a tweak to CULyrics, but remembered this conversation and had a look for the cause.

Thx for actually doing a Trac ticket - it's the reason it got fixed Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paused music produces sound loop0