• 4(current)
ffmpeg patch
We do dyloading code too. Its not about dyloading code in general. Its about dyloading this code which is hand coded neon-asm. No offense but please guys if you don't get the problem just don't spam around here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You can dyload code on a non jailbroken device! Cool Smile I bow to your superior knowledge. Can you provide a link?
Unless you have something related to the topic header,"ffmpeg patch", start a new thread. This one is about the hand coded asm in ffmpeg and kernel panicking under iOS5 when dyloaded.

We are not discussing dyloading in general.
Ah well, memphiz directed me to this thread. I'm not sure he understood my issue, which is probably the confusion. I'm looking for a way to build/load xmbc on a non jailbroken device. I've moved the conversation here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1126550
Ops - yep i missread your request - somehow i thought you are refering to the ffmpeg problem. Well sorry then.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
anyone still got this file ...

FFmpeg 0.9.1 + viv support. link is broken

Davliia wrote:
Quote:I have a test app for testing this, much quicker than building xbmc, uploading, test. specially since xbmc's frapp gets loaded each time on boot and you generally have to re-jailbreak to fix. With the test app, the kernel will panic and you just reboot.

Hi, could you share this app of yours? I would like to give it another try.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14341410/app_test.tar.gz

untar into tools/darwin/depends

This will build two binaries, app_test and libtest.dylib. move both to same dir on atv2. run and die Smile

libavcodec.a is a copy of what XBMC builds. if you look at the Makefile, you wil see how you can change to temp.a then use ar to extract a single .o out of libavcodec.a and build using that. this makes it easer to tell what's going on.

Ignore the rest (simpleLayer.m/h) that's test code for another project. If app_test runs without panic'ing the kernel, you will get a pretty color on the atv2 display Smile
and an award for sure ...

as an addition. If you want to run the test_app on ios 5.1.1 you need to sign test_app and libtest.dylib. Else the app gets killed before even trying to start.

you can do it by:

/Developer/iphoneentitlements401/gen_entitlements.py "org.xbmc.xbmc-ios" "app_test.xcent";
codesign -f -s "iPhone Developer" --entitlements app_test.xcent app_test
codesign -f -s "iPhone Developer" --entitlements app_test.xcent libtest.dylib

where iPhone Developer is a self signed cert for code signing and gen_entitlements.py is a python script loaded from here http://246tnt.com/iPhone/gen_entitlements.py

Signing doesn't seem to be neede on iOS 5.0.1 (atv2 4.4.4). Looks like the 5.1.1 jb didn't patch that stuff completly.
Ok guys ... no need to worry about it anymore. ATV2 nightlies should get up and running the next days again.
Awesome Smile
Great news! So I guess the award goes to Mr RullgårdWink
(2012-06-29, 22:26)henke66 Wrote: Great news! So I guess the award goes to Mr RullgårdWink

Hmmm, I must have missed the commit relating to this.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I pulled mainline and tried to build with Xcode4.3 but I got this:
Code:
AS    libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_armv6.o
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:171:garbage following instruction -- `ldr r4,.Lpicoff\'
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:172:Unknown pseudo-op: .Lpic
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:172:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued 92 (\).
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:174:Unknown pseudo-op: .altmacro
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:175:Unknown pseudo-op: .noaltmacro
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:178:Unknown pseudo-op: .Lpic
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:178:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued 92 (\).
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:171:garbage following instruction -- `ldr lr,.Lpicoff\'
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:172:Unknown pseudo-op: .Lpic
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:172:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued 92 (\).
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:174:Unknown pseudo-op: .altmacro
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:175:Unknown pseudo-op: .noaltmacro
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:178:Unknown pseudo-op: .Lpic
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:178:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued 92 (\).
make[2]: *** [libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_armv6.o] Error 1
Do I have some junk laying around or does it not build with Xcode4.3?
Yeah!!! Cant wait for those nightly builds to resume!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ffmpeg patch4