instructions on how to compile latest version from git?
1. you missed step 3.1 which has the make at the end (there you are in the deps dir and this would build the dependencies) (step 4 is correct - it calls our configure wrapped into a make )

2. We are not able to debug (not even via gdb). Its all done via NSLog printouts. Also we don't have the official api documentation (only the reverse dumped private headers without comments).

3. I'm done with the runtime hooking (my branch is updated) - no more class generation. You could read the comments there to know how we need to code for atv2 in the two atv2 specific files XBMCController.mm and XBMCAppliance.m as of now (thx apple for making it even harder *grr*)

Sure we need any ios support we can get - so feel free to poke at the code Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello Memphiz,

1) Yes, I did miss step 3.1 "make". I originally got an error because I just updated Xcode and although I said "Yes" to install the command line tools it didn't so Terminal did not know what "make" was. Then after I did install the command line tools, I forgot to run "make".

So yes, the instructions are correct. My bad.

I did complete the steps and got a clean compile with only a few warnings. I did get a Linker error with missing '/lib/SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.a' however I'll take a look at that and not bother anyone until I've done my research/homework in that area.

2. Understand on the debugging technique.

3. I'll take a peek at your work in the coming days. First I want to get the basic app moved over to ATV, as well as the Hello World app, just to get familiar with the process. Then I'll get your new code and build and run it.

Thank you for the help which I could have avoided if I'd been more careful. But still it's nice to meet someone on the Dev team and I'm looking forward to contributing. And thank you for all your work on XBMC over the past releases. I know it's likely a thankless job for the most part. Lots of people using your efforts without ever knowing who is really behind it all.

Michael
make xcode_depends missing ... that builds SlingboxLib.a

Do you have atv2 running 6.1 by hand? i would need the md5 of the original /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV (i have mine patched already for getting hw decode back - but didn't note the md5 before *grrr*)

HW decoding will work too ... so nearly done (just need some tests on ios 4.x which still is broken with the new code).

So if you have an atv2 running ios 6.1 please post output of

sysctl -a | grep version

and

md5sum /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hello Memphiz,

1. I did run make Xcode_depends and got this error:

server:xbmc michael$ make xcode_depends
make -C xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports wrapper.def
make[1]: `wrapper.def' is up to date.
make -C lib
make -C ffmpeg
CC libavdevice/alldevices.o
clang (LLVM option parsing): Unknown command line argument '-stack-alignment=16'. Try: 'clang (LLVM option parsing) -help'
clang (LLVM option parsing): Did you mean '-ssc-dce-limit=16'?
make[2]: *** [libavdevice/alldevices.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [ffmpeg] Error 2
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2

2. I do not have an ATV2 running 6.1 however I can update my ATV to 6.1 and provide the information if it's important.

3. I also have another ATV2 coming in the mail however I'm not sure what version of iOS is running on it. Is one needed that is running iOS4.x?

Michael
I already go the information i needed (by rejailbreaking the atv2 and getting the hash from the original binary).

Well atm i lack a 4.x test box - yep. This is the only missing piece of the puzzle for getting ios6 support into mainline ...

As of your compile error. I remember that one. But this shouldn't happen anymore. Are you sure you pulled from github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git and master branch? Which OSX are you using and against wich iOS sdk are you trying to build?
Hello again Memphiz,

I'll double check however I followed the instructions for doing a clone:

server:xbmc michael$ git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git xbmc
Cloning into 'xbmc'...
remote: Counting objects: 208150, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (68381/68381), done.
remote: Total 208150 (delta 149659), reused 186889 (delta 133548)
Receiving objects: 100% (208150/208150), 343.17 MiB | 1.80 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (149659/149659), done.
server:xbmc michael$

I am running Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2, Xcode 4.6, iOS 6.1 SDK

I'll let you know if the ATV2 that is coming is 4.x when it arrives. If not, I saved the blobs from another ATV2 that was running 4.x so theoretically I could downgrade right?

Michael
I foudn this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138169

and tried removing "check_cflags -mllvm -stack-alignment=16" from

/Users/michael/OTMSoftware/AppleTV/Projects/xbmc/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/configure

using textedit however I still get the error. Even started from step 3.1 with the same results.

I'm not a Terminal/Script/Make/Build expert on OSX but I understand the basics. Is there some other file I need to edit or change my configuration somehow?

Also, my clang version:

server:xbmc michael$ clang -v
Apple LLVM version 4.2 (clang-425.0.24) (based on LLVM 3.2svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.2.0
Thread model: posix
server:xbmc michael$

Thanks,
Michael

One dumb question: I think I did an "Update to recommended settings" in Xcode. Did that hork it up?
Well either 6.1 SDK or Xcode 4.6 is to new - so our buildsys wasn't adapted to it yet (In the readme the supported sdk versions are mentioned. Whatever is not mentioned there may not work). see "3.0a Supported Xcode and OSX constellations". Its hard to keep the readme up to date - but i do my best. Of course i will only add tested platforms - so everybody has to assume that everything not mentioned there might break.

I have setup a fresh macmini 1 week ago (not sure if 6.1 was released there already) and had no problems compiling as of the readme. (10.8.2 newest xcode at that point - can't look atm but i guess it was 4.6 too). Not much i can tell you. I remember that problem but can't remember how to solve it.
Is there a way to edit the configure file to have it not add that flag like mentioned in this thread?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138169

I tried but it didn't stick.
Well based on the fact that we already patched that configure it definitly should stick. Are you sure you did that right thing in there? There is no autoconf generating ffmpegs configure script (as its hand crafted by ffmpeg devs).
I'm not too familiar with the process so if you could clue me in that would help. I tried removing "check_cflags -mllvm -stack-alignment=16" from

/Users/michael/OTMSoftware/AppleTV/Projects/xbmc/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/configure

but it didn't seem to stick. Is there a need to "clean" something? SHould I just edit the make file directly? I just need it to generate the dependent LIB files. It does a couple then fails on ffmpeg and stops.

Im at work now and wont be able to test any changes until later tonight.

Thx,
Michael
make -C tools/darwin/depends/xbmc

this will reconfigure the tree incl. ffmpeg ... then go with make clean && make xcode_depends again
I already tried that with no better results (see post #52). It didn't stick for some reason. Is there something I need to Clean?
Maybe make clean and then edit and then configure - unsure
Hello Memphiz and thanks for all the help. I finally got make xcode_depends to run successfully by editing /xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/config.mak and config.make and removed the "-mllvm -stack-alignment=16" from them. Then just reran make xcode_depends and it worked. On to the next issue.

I'll spend some time later to figure out what really needs to happen in order for this to work like the instructions and figure out why "-mllvm -stack-alignment=16" is causing a problem with my configuration.

Thanks again for the help.

BTW, I got my other ATV2 and its running ATV v4.4.4 (3330). Let me know whom to contact to help test with this device.

Best,
Michael

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
instructions on how to compile latest version from git?0