ATV + Hulu = episodes won't play
I have set up XBMC on my black AppleTV, and added the bluecop repository, from which I installed Hulu. I can navigate Hulu (a chore in itself), and can find episode lists for TV shows, like "The Office," "30 Rock," etc. When I select an episode to play, Hulu is ever so eager to show me a commercial, which plays successfully, but at the end of the commercial I land right back on the episode list. The episode never actually plays. If I select the episode again (or any other), I get to see a commercial again. Very frustrating. Anyone have the same problem, or know what I need to do to be able to see more than advertisement? Thanks in advance!
I had a similar issue with a "jailbreak gone wrong". Here's how I resolved it.

Uninstall Hulu add-on
Exit XBMC
Disconnect ATV2 power for 5 seconds
Reconnect power
Launch XBMC
Install Hulu add-on
Play your video

On Eden Beta, I was unable to play a video that showed up in the search results, (same issue you described), but that same video played fine when selecting the video in the "alphabetical" view.
Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested, but get the same results. Another weird thing is that I seem to have lost Netflix. Also, I am unable to log into my Apple store account. I'm fast on the way to having a worthless black box. Arg.
Ok, here's an update. I'd been suspecting for some time that I was having some DNS problems with my ISP (Grande Communications in Austin). Then I found this article...

http://www.compunoodle.com/fix-apple-tv-...-problems/

By changing the DNS service that my Apple TV uses, it seems as though all of my problems with my Apple TV have cleared up.

To be clear, I changed from dynamic IP address allocation to manual, and then only changed the DNS service IP address to use the Google one (8.8.8.8). Works like a charm, and I actually experience a significant speed improvement as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV + Hulu = episodes won't play0