How to Setup XBMC to work on remote network connected back to my playon pc at home
Hi,

I would like to know how to get XBMC to work on my laptop with my playon computer at home when I'm away from my house.

I've got the playon application on my home computer and have my android phone and kindle fire working with it remotely.

I'm going on a trip and want to use my laptop instead of my phone or kindle to get a bigger screen when watching my tv shows.

When on my laptop on a different network than my home network, I've setup playon in the video section and it actually does see my playon computer.

When I go to connect, it says "Remote Share - Could not connect to network server".

I'm so close on this as I see the computer, but something is blocking it somewhere.
My kindle and android phone work remotely so I don't think its my home computer with the playon software but possibly my laptop computer. XBMC works when my laptop is on my home network but not when I'm on a different network.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Setup XBMC to work on remote network connected back to my playon pc at home0