Display only selected sources in specific locations and use SQL?
I really enjoy the benefits of using MySQL. Since switching over however, there is one little hitch that I am curious if there is a way around. In my video library, I have the following:

\HD General\
\SD General\
\SD General (Duplicates)\
\HD Kids\
\SD Kids\
\SD Kids (Duplicates)\

(The 'duplicate' folders contain the same content as the 'HD' folders do, only in SD)

Before switching to SQL, I simply pointed different devices to only certain directories like this:

MBR AppleTV = SD General, SD General (Duplicates)
Kids AppleTV = SD Kids, SD Kids (Duplicates)
HTPC = HD General, SD General, HD Kids, SD Kids

This prevented HD content from being available on the ATVs that can't play it, duplicate listings on the HTPC and filtered age appropriate content accordingly.

I can pull the kids off the SQL if necessary. It would be ideal to have an option to 'Hide SD Duplicates" or 'Hide HD Duplicates' in the menus (like satellite) but since that doesn't seem to be an option, is there a way to select which sources are available where, like I did above, without borking my SQL database on updates? Particularly when cleaning the DB?

Note: Update and clean commands are only issued from the HTPC...

Thanks in advance!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Anyone know how sources.xml, mySQL and the library updates interact? I believe that's what this really comes down to.

I'm also open to completely different solutions if there is a better way anyone knows of... (Other than going back to my original solution of course, I really like SQL)
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
XBMC goes through all the sources you've defined and scans everything it finds into the library. With local libraries this means that by only adding certain sources you can restrict what appears in the library. With a shared db it's as though all PCs have all sources because even if you have completely different sources on the PCs they all scan into the same database so that database has all the files from all the sources.

The usual way of dealing with the problem would be to use profiles and/or smart playlists.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:XBMC goes through all the sources you've defined and scans everything it finds into the library. With local libraries this means that by only adding certain sources you can restrict what appears in the library. With a shared db it's as though all PCs have all sources because even if you have completely different sources on the PCs they all scan into the same database so that database has all the files from all the sources.

The usual way of dealing with the problem would be to use profiles and/or smart playlists.

JR

JR How do profiles work with MySQL? If you're using Sql3 a separate database is created in the profile folder. Can you just have a different sources.xml so that even if everything is in the database it will only list those in specific sources or is that only used to determine what to scan.

The Wiki doesn't help.
Using profiles with MySQL libraries
INCOMPLETE:
This page or section is incomplete. Please add information or correct uncertain data which is marked with a ? .
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
If you use a single shared database you'll still have the problem. In that case I guess smart playlists are the way to go.

JR
I kinda figured that would be the case but thought it was worth asking.

Thanks!
Path sub it ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display only selected sources in specific locations and use SQL?0