DivX Media Format support (DivX 6.x DMF, DivX Ultra Certification)
@TiaoMacaleh, maybe, i dont know. the highest resolutions ive tried is 720x576 and its anormophic par equivilant.
please always search before asking! => DivX® HD (High Definition) on XBMC?, 720p DivX HD (HDTV resolution DivX), it's a forum rule!

PS! Reason you may not have (or think you haven't) found divx 6.x files on the internet is because they still use the old fourcc dx50
(DivX inc. use that old fourcc standard on purpose because they want to stay backwards compatible with player that can only play files with the fourcc dx50)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i have backed up some of my dvd's using divx creator (divx 6) and they work fine on xbmc including multiple audio (selecting different languages).  the system does fall down though when it comes to subtitles. as divx 6 subs are embedded into the file, not a separate srt or anything, xbmc currently doesn't see them (as far as i have been able to tell), so when it comes to films like warriors of heaven and earth, i have to put up with the very ordinary "american guy putting on the fake chinese accent" dubbed audio track. hopefully this is something that the great guys at xbmc might be able to look at down the track.
cheers
jason
Sad 
(jasandamy @ sep. 20 2005,11:07 Wrote:the system does fall down though when it comes to subtitles. as divx 6 subs are embedded into the file, not a separate srt or anything, xbmc currently doesn't see them
fyi, that's a feature-request and not a bug; xbmc (and mplayer) doesn't support divx's xsub™ subtitles at all yet, (i think mostly because divx corp/labs hasn't released a full sdk yet).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
for now use external subs instead ?

:fixed:

so if i understand correctly .divx files cannot be played in xbmc?
but it sounded like there was a away is there? i am using the newest version of divx codec.
okay, so i renamed it to a .avi and it worked as long as it was on the hard drive. it wouldn't stream however from my pc, anyway to fix that?
Sad 
(mikebyu @ sep. 28 2005,16:50 Wrote:okay, so i renamed it to a .avi and it worked as long as it was on the hard drive. it wouldn't stream however from my pc, anyway to fix that?
that's unrelated to this topic, (most likely you have just miss-configured your smb/network setup) please post a new separate topic thread and provide much more details in it(!Wink

(mikebyu @ sep. 28 2005,16:45 Wrote:so if i understand correctly .divx files cannot be played in xbmc?
no you missunderstod it, if the .divx is just a re-named .avi then it will play like a .avi, if it is however is a .divx that has a menu and more than one video only the main movie will play
sorry if been asked already but i didnt see anything when i searched. is there a divx6 codec already for the xbmc?
xbmc doesnt use codecs... mplayer does its just ported to work with the shell. codec requests need to go there so they can get it going then it can be ported here but if your really froggy just edit the mplayer config and insert the dll for it and see if you can get it going on your own... it shouldn't be too hard but i am a creature of need and as i dont need it i most likely wont be undertaking that one.
truth with modification.. xbmc uses codecs.. just that for stuff like xvid we use the codecs in ffmpeg (libavcodec) wich has it's own xvid decoder. xvid's standard for decoding hasn't change in any big way since it's introdution. it's only their encoder that has. and no, it's unlikely you'd get it to work by dropping that dll in.

hi,

i recently converted my tivoed shows into divx 6 format using open source dr. divx application (version 2.0 beta 10) and it plays without problem. however divx media format is not supported as yet so dmf wont work. i thought to share my findings so that more people can use divx 6 format for their videos. i followed the following steps.

1. downloaded using tivo desktop.
2. removed ads using videoredoplus.
3. converted the mpeg file to divx.
(the input was 480 x 480 with ar 4:3 and the output setting was video bitrate 2100, audio bitrate 160 abr and 2 pass mode.)

the resulting quality was amazing and almost comparable to the input mpeg file. size reduced from 900 mb to approx 340 mb with practically no loss of quality.

and best thing is it plays pretty good on xbmc.

i hope it helps more people to use divx 6.

enjoy.
divx format isnt really a "format", its a hole series of "illegal" hacks against the avi container format specs to insert extra data its some of the headers.

you can simply rename any .divx into .avi and it will playback n xbmc. again, its really just an avi file with a bunch of illegal data in the header that technically shouldnt be there. xbmc just ignores that header info as being errenous.

xbmc supports many container format, and specifically includes better containers such as matroska.

if you are impressed with the quality of mpeg4-asp codecs, wait till you start doing some encodes in high profile avc using compatabile xbmc settings. that will blow you away!
:pirate:
recently cvs was changed to allow .dvx playback as a hack. no support for menus ectetc, but it will playback the media. its a big buggy due to the hacks dvx put into the avi headers for this "format" - which it isnt really its just a bastardisation of aviheaders. users will run into trouble with subs and other streams as mplayer is demuxing them thinking they are further audio tracks.
Sad 
hello
excuse my engish

i would like to know if authoring divx (create interactive menu, chapters) work with xbmc?

i found  this solution for divx 6:

http://userxp.tripod.com/mb.htm
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66583

and this for all format:
http://www.indigorose.com/ams/index.php

bu is it work on my xbox with xbmc?
:help:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DivX Media Format support (DivX 6.x DMF, DivX Ultra Certification)0