DivX Media Format support (DivX 6.x DMF, DivX Ultra Certification)
while the files will play you will have no menus or chapters.
and for nexts xbmc versions, it will work?
because divx with interactive menu will work with divx6 standalone player
technically the .divx format is not a container - it's a straight avi container with "illegal" hacks in the header details that allow extra crap to be be put in there that the .divx format takes advantage of.

i am not aware of an open source implementation for the splitter as it will require enhancements to existing demultiplexers.

then, you'd have to code a handler for menus, chapters etcetc after the splitting is done.

alot of work.
I can play Divx files under 1.0 gig.
Anything over that and the file will not play.
I can just choose another file under 1.0 gig and everything is fine.
cschappa Wrote:I can play Divx files under 1.0 gig. Anything over that and the file will not play.
Where are the files located?, if on DVD-media then make sure it's burned in 'pure' ISO (ISO9660) format and not UDF or a UDF/ISO-hybrid format, as XBMC only support UDF 1.02 for which the largest file-size supported is 1GB, (even those newer UDF versions support practicaly unlimited file-size). On ISO (ISO9660) the file-size limitation is 2GB. XBMC supports AVI (with DivX, XviD, etc.) files larger than 2GB but only if located on a network-share (like on your computer). The Xbox local harddrive is formated in FATX which has a file-size limitation of 4GB.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi,

I have just encoded some files with divx converter 6.3 with the latest codec 6.2.5 and I was dismayed to find that they nolonger play in XBMC, any suggestions?

Is there a way to add the updated codec to XBMC?

Exclamation 
@irs1, how about if your read the existing posting in a thread becfore you post?! Stare

This topic thread is not about the DivX 6.x codec or any other codec for that matter. Read the post-script if this post on what you should have done!

This topic thread is about DMF (DivX Media Format) support. DMF is a video container format (and a container can contain any video codec or audio codec), just like AVI, MVK and OGM. DMF is a container format from DivX, Inc. that uses the extension .divx, a container which like DVD-Video supports interactive menus, embedded subtitles and multiple audio-tracks. To get a "DivX Ultra Certification" of you DivX player it must fully support the DMF container format (and thus be capable of displaying and navigating the menu, and switching between the different subtitles and audio-tracks). DMF is however a closed source proprietary format, meaning that you have to use prebuilt libraries with the approval from the creator to use them. Also, DMF is not very well documented so it would be very hard to reverse-enginner it to make a open source version of it that XBMC could use. However DivX, Inc. made the DMF container partially backwards-compatible with the AVI container so all players that can play .AVI files (including XBMC) can play .DIVX (DMF container) files with some limitations, those limitations being that the player can't access/display the interactive menu, nor displaying the subtitles nor switching between the audio-tracks and in fact only being able to play the main-video file (usually only the main movie if it also contains other clips like trailers and special features like DVD-Video movies does).

PS! So your post is off-topic since you ask about a codec and not a container. Please read this (link), however also understand that DivX is just a derivitive of the MPEG-4 ASP (Advanced Simple Profile) standard so it should be able to be decoded by any MPEG-4 ASP decoder, and like you read here (link), XBMC uses MPlayer which in turn uses FFmpeg to decode all MPEG-4 ASP encoded video. FFmpeg should be able to decode DivX codec version 6.2.5, so your problem is probebly not that XBMC can't play the file but instead that the file is somehow corrupt. Please post a new topic thread in our Support Forum after reading the online-manual (see my signature bellow) with a full description and a log from debug-mode. ...by the way know that DivX, Inc. are in the process of replacing their Divx Converter tool with a new software called "Dr. DivX", see labs.divx.com
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DivX Media Format support (DivX 6.x DMF, DivX Ultra Certification)0