ATV2 - Eden 11.0 b1 - terrible frame rate w/ ass/ssa subtitles
Damn, I see it too, but just on ATV2. iPhone 4 plays my .ass anime fine (that sounds wrong, but is accurate in every context *bowchikawowwow*)
great sample dude ... works here too ... i mean fps go low here too Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
As far as getting the GUI to run faster. Has anyone looked into removing some of the useless ATV2 boot daemons in order to speed system up? I did this on my iphone and got a nice boost...
GuyJustHere Wrote:As far as getting the GUI to run faster. Has anyone looked into removing some of the useless ATV2 boot daemons in order to speed system up? I did this on my iphone and got a nice boost...

A simple peek at top will show that there is nothing else consuming significant amounts of CPU that makes this worth the effort. That said, it is recommended to remove expose (vnc server).
I've noticed the same issue as well. I'm running 4.4.4, with 11.0 beta 2. I was working with a 264 encoded video at 720p resolution. The embedded subtitles would cause the video to stutter anytime they were being displayed, but pointing xbmc touse a seperate srt formatted subtitle file would not cause the video to stutter. I was watching the same exact video file both times.

I will have to double check the file format of the embedded subs.
i get the low fps with that sample on 4.4.4 - no issue on 4.3 with the same testfile ... ios5 sucks *singing*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I have to say that beta 3 still has the same issue on iOS 4.4.4. Any .mkv files with embedded .ssa subtitles cannot be played smoothly. Will this issue be solved?
linusyang Wrote:I have to say that beta 3 still has the same issue on iOS 4.4.4. Any .mkv files with embedded .ssa subtitles cannot be played smoothly. Will this issue be solved?

Now that you have asked so politely - I guess it will bumped to the top of the list of things to fix. Or not. You might need to ask for your money back.
g-off Wrote:Now that you have asked so politely - I guess it will bumped to the top of the list of things to fix. Or not. You might need to ask for your money back.
Oh sorry, I just want to report that the problem still exists. I am not meant to be rude. Smile I am always grateful for the team's great job.
Anyone can fix this, that will be good. If not, I will see what further I can do to help fix this.

Again, thanks a lot for the team's job!
Just a bump. I have exactly the same issue on a lot of content I downloaded lately. Turning off the subtitles solves all my buffering issues.
This will be a known issue for eden as we don't see a chance to fix this yet...
Thanx for the update, I presume the simple workaround would be for me to strip the embedded subtitles from the MKV?
Hi, I'm also experiencing the same issue with my subtitled media. Downgrading to 4.3 seems to make the most sense right now, but I'll hang fire for a fix, nothing is impossible Wink
(2012-05-05, 12:02)Ushae Wrote: but I'll hang fire for a fix, nothing is impossible Wink

show me...
(2012-05-06, 00:56)Memphiz Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 12:02)Ushae Wrote: but I'll hang fire for a fix, nothing is impossible Wink

show me...

I guess that means it's not happening at all. Too bad Sad

But still, immense work you guys manage to do here and a fantastic thing for the community.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 - Eden 11.0 b1 - terrible frame rate w/ ass/ssa subtitles0