• 7(current)
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?
{{INX}} Wrote:Bluray,
visual c++ was already installed and i tried a local copy yesterday with no luck.

Now I have just removed all of Xbmc HD Audio install and installed Beta 3 Standard, copied my settings over and launched a 3d movie without any problems using TM5.

So I now know that its something in the HD audio version but what I do not know Sad
Which HD Audio version did you installed? The latest version is this- XBMC Beta3 + HD-Audio + Global AV Delay
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yep thats the one mate
{{INX}} Wrote:Yep thats the one mate
Since you are using external player for bitstreaming anyway, you really don't need XBMC HD audio version. If it work with the standard XBMC, you are good to go then! Smile
I see what your saying but the external player is only for 3d or are you suggesting that i use TMT5 for all videos?
{{INX}} Wrote:I see what your saying but the external player is only for 3d or are you suggesting that i use TMT5 for all videos?
I don't have any problem using XBMC for playback, but I'm still using TMT5 for most BD files (mostly ISO and Index.BDMV). I'm using TMT5 as external player because I want to enjoy all the original BD menus, chapters, previews, bitstreaming, 3d, etc. I still can enjoy XBMC as front-end (for libraries) and TMT5 as a player. It is sort of good for both worlds! Smile
I suppose I have two choices.
1 - Stick with HD audio version of Xbmc and use standalone TMT5 when I watch 3D.

2 - Go back to Xbmc Beta 3 Standard and use TMT5 as an external player for all videos to allow me to have bitstreaming on everything.
{{INX}} Wrote:I suppose I have two choices.
2 - Go back to Xbmc Beta 3 Standard and use TMT5 as an external player for all videos to allow me to have bitstreaming on everything.
You'll have a good XBMC player for front-end and a good player in TMT5 for playback all the goodies. You still can setup Playercorefactory codes for TMT5 to playback BD files with 3D video and HD audio, and all other files still can playback using XBMC! Smile
Yeah I understand that mate, but if i use XBMC Beta 3 Std for the other files (Non 3d MKV's & avi's) they wont use bitstreaming, am i correct with this?
{{INX}} Wrote:Yeah I understand that mate, but if i use XBMC Beta 3 Std for the other files (Non 3d MKV's & avi's) they wont use bitstreaming, am i correct with this?
As I said, you can use TMT5 for all BD files with HD audio and all other lower BD files without HD audio you can still playback using Beta 3.
Ok I gotch now, I just now need to work out how to get TMT5 to recognise the HD audio files.
Oh btw, thank you so much for all your help so far Smile
{{INX}} Wrote:Ok I gotch now, I just now need to work out how to get TMT5 to recognise the HD audio files.
Oh btw, thank you so much for all your help so far Smile
It's very easy, just have to do as shown below:

Sorry my last post was incorrect, I meant I need to work out how to get the playercorefactory.xml to tell Xbmc to lanuch only 3d and HD audio/video files in TMT5.
{{INX}} Wrote:Sorry my last post was incorrect, I meant I need to work out how to get the playercorefactory.xml to tell Xbmc to lanuch only 3d and HD audio/video files in TMT5.
I made it easy for you. Download- playercorefactory.xml and name your movie in these formats (_3d.mkv and _hdaudio.mkv). With these codes, the rest of BD files will playback using XBMC! Smile
Cheers Bluray, what sound quality benefits from bitsteaming, is it all types or just a select few of the following?

TrueHD, DTS-HD, DTS, Dolby Digital, AAC, WMA, MP3
all types
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?1