• 8(current)
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?
So from the sound of it i need to use TMT5 as an external player for videos to allow me to have bitstreaming.
{{INX}} Wrote:So from the sound of it i need to use TMT5 as an external player for videos to allow me to have bitstreaming.
Yes, you can simply download the playercorefactory in post #103. It'll allow you to playback 3D and HD audio contents with TMT5, and all other lesser quality BD files will playback through XBMC!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ok so I need to go back through my whole movie collection (700+ movies) and rename any with HD audo contents to _hdaudio.mkv which I think is everyone except about 20 movies.
Hey guys,

I've just (with a huge amount of faffing) came to a reasonable compromise with my 3d movies and have began backing them up to my library..

A few questions for those already doing this.

1 - how are you naming and scraping your files.
I noticed when adding avatar 3d, I scraped the file and it was added to the library as avatar 2d version? Am I missing something on scraping 3d movies? Are you keeping them seperated from your standard library in their own directory etc?

2 - I had already backed up 1 file (but it was huge) so I have created a smaller version (that's my compromise) and I've noticed that the library shows the original file as having standard audio due to it being created in a dharma environment. Even when I watched the file (using rc2) it never updated the audio version to dts-ma? Do I need to remove all my existing nfos and rescrape from scratch to get files tht have hd audio to be recognised as such?

Any pointers welcome, cheers guys... Hopefully tht will help me avoide my speed humps you guys already encountered Nod

Cheers,
Pat~
I wouldn't rule out the 3D.mkv HD Audio problem being SMB related, I know you accessed the file locally on your server using SMB, but I think that would still pass the locally logged on user's credentials - whereas doing it over your LAN from another machine would need TMT5 to have permissions to the share too (I guess you have smb:\\machine:name@Password stored in your sources.xml?)
Hunter2-1 Wrote:Yes it works for me. I just select 3d sbs on my tv 3d settings.

3D SBS:

Hi

Could someone tell me what skin is being used in the image above, and how did they achieve the 3D logo on the cases?

Many thanks

Wiggo
thats AEON MQ3 skin
I've installed the AEON MQ3 Skin. How to enable this 3D tag?
Is it related to the movie file name?
(2012-07-18, 01:37)ozp1 Wrote: I've installed the AEON MQ3 Skin. How to enable this 3D tag?
Is it related to the movie file name?

I think you just add 3dbd to the filename.
thanks a lot!
I got a simple question, which I'm having difficulty finding information on.

I have an active 3D TV.
http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/tv-vi...D6420UFXZC

So therefore I need to use active glasses.

Am I able to watch SBS 3D on an active TV with active glasses?

If not, what format do I need to watch on an active TV?

Thanks
Hello, yes. you can watch SBS 3D

you just need to play the movie and then go to the TV menu and activate the 3D side by side.

Very simple. This will work with any SBS contend. Images, movies, youtube, anything

The problem is with subtitles. If you need subtitles, the SRT wont work. Because the subtitles are at the center of the screen, when the TV scramble the two images, the subtitles will brake.

You will need to build 3D subtitles. (idx or ass). There are programs like:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=47904 srt23dass - this make .ass and its faster

or

3D Subtitler (find using google) - this make .idx and its slower

Then you can either place the subtitle at the same folder or mux it inside the mkv

I think most or all the TV are unable to play 3D subtitles (when you plug the USB drive at the TV).
Most of the softwares can play 3D subtitles: mplayer xbmc vlc and so on

Since the 3D deal is growing everyday and since xbmc has features do download subtitles, it will be awesome if xbmc could download and convert the srt subtitle to 3D .ass subtitle.

I dont know if this could be done with a plugin or other tool.

So a couple of quick questions, really just points of clarification:

1. For half SBS movie files all we need to do is use 3dbd tag in the file name using Aeon MQS skin to get 3d thumbnails in library mode? Any other skins this works with?

2. For making your own 3d subtitles from .srt files (assuming half SBS files being played in XBMC, not an external player) which file type is better, .idx or .ass? From post above it sounds like .ass is preferable, just wan to confirm. If we place the completed SBS .ass file in the same folder, you just pick that subtitle in the OSD and you are good to go, correct?

3. For this whole discussion of external players, the chief advatage of TMT as an external player is that it plays .iso files like a 3D bluray disk with menus, extras, etc. where as for SBS or half SBS mkv files one might just use Stereoscopic Player in Windows, Bino in Linux, correct? The advantage here for playback would be you could tweak the 3D offset a little and use subtitles without making your own.

4. Any plans for 3D TV library support? I know its way ahead of the curve but I guess Sky HD broadcasts 3D content sometimes like David Attenborough's 3 episode "Life of Plants" series so its not out of the question.
Acer Revo 3610 w/ Ubuntu 10.10, Giada Cube Win 7, 2 ATV 1's one w Crystal HD card, UnRaid server w/ SAB/SickBeard/Couch Potato/Transmission, MacBook Pro, Hackintosh Dell Mini 10v
1 - I am not sure, but I think this is a XBMC feature not just a skin feature

2- Yes, just pick at the OSD or if .ass is the only subtitle, XBMC will pick itself. I think .ass its faster an easier. I did not make tests with .idx or .ass muxed at the file. But since muxing takes time I prefer the .ass

3- I think this issue is related whether you have a 3D TV or not. I think that if you have a 3D TV them its just play the file with any player and the TV will do the 3D. If you dont have the 3D TV, then you have to use those stereoscopic players. I have had any contact with bluray do I dont know how the 3D works with blueray.
I did not knew about Bino. Thanks for the hint! Bino will play 3D at any screen but you have to use the red/blue glasses. I think its possible to see 3D with some video cards with their own glasses.

4- XBMC must focus on 3D stuff. Its the present and future. When you have a 3D screen its very hard to watch 2D again.
Quote:4- XBMC must focus on 3D stuff. Its the present and future. When you have a 3D screen its very hard to watch 2D again.

Oh wow, I thought you were being serious for a moment there! Good one.

In all seriousness though, I do wonder if a somewhat easy hack/method/addition could be made to just generically double the interface/subtitles for 3D content. At the very least, allow subtitles and the on-screen-display controls to double up.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?1