Music OSD Controls
It seems that the on screen display only works after the XBMC screen saver kicks in. I expect the music controls to work the same way they do in videos and pop up whenever I move the mouse while an item is playing. Settings are Display Mode = Library, View Type =Files with setting of "visualization =openGL. Once selecting an album and pressing "p" to play the "Now Playing" doesn't show up unless I back out to the main menu. Is this just a the way Dharma works or is it a skinable behavior? I figured after 2 years I'd finally get around to putting my music in XBMC.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:It seems that the on screen display only works after the XBMC screen saver kicks in. I expect the music controls to work the same way they do in videos and pop up whenever I move the mouse while an item is playing. Settings are Display Mode = Library, View Type =Files with setting of "visualization =openGL. Once selecting an album and pressing "p" to play the "Now Playing" doesn't show up unless I back out to the main menu. Is this just a the way Dharma works or is it a skinable behavior? I figured after 2 years I'd finally get around to putting my music in XBMC.
You want to see the Album info etc. on the Now Playing screen? Have you tried pressing "i"?
upD8R Wrote:You want to see the Album info etc. on the Now Playing screen? Have you tried pressing "i"?

Not really....The issue is more with the OSD controls not appearing unless the screen saver kicks in which is about 5 minutes. To control the music one must remember the keyboard commands like X to stop. Who knows what the keyboard command is for next track..that's not a question.
Okay, I'll test this later. I've never had this problem. Does "m" work? Should bring up the OSD.
upD8R Wrote:Okay, I'll test this later. I've never had this problem. Does "m" work? Should bring up the OSD.

No, but it creates a dark half circular area in the top middle of the screen. "m" does, however, bring up the controls when playing a video. I'll boot into my Oneiric partition which has Eden installed to see if it works correctly in that install.
Dobyken Wrote:No, but it creates a dark half circular area in the top middle of the screen. "m" does, however, bring up the controls when playing a video. I'll boot into my Oneiric partition which has Eden installed to see if it works correctly in that install.

Must be a skin problem, "m" brings up player controls for me before & after music viz has kicked in.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:Must be a skin problem, "m" brings up player controls for me before & after music viz has kicked in.

OK..I went into my Eden partition and in Neon "m" does bring up the controls in music. Moving the mouse in Eden does not bring up the OSD so I'll say it's a system functionality issue and not a skin issue. Checking further.. switching over to Confluence the "m" works in Dharma so either it's not implemented in Neon or something is borked in my skin install.
It was not implemented in the Dharma version of Neon....
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:It was not implemented in the Dharma version of Neon....

I guess that settles that issueNod I'm in the process of backing up my Dharma user folder and will upgrade this system to Eden. The only thing that was holding me back was the MythBox addon but it appears it has been taken over by someone who has patched it for Eden.
I'm not finding the OSD while playing music in Eden either. If I queue up a playlist or album and then select Now Playing from the context menu, I am taken to a screen that has a list view of my selected songs. I can change it to one of three views, though the OSD is nowhere to be seen in any of them. I do see on the Home screen that there is the album cover and timer for the track. Am I just missing something blatantly obvious?
Press TAB or map a key to Fullscreen.
Btw, is the same for all xbmc versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music OSD Controls0