• 13(current)
[RELEASE] rtmpGUI plugin
does this use librtmp or rtmpdump?

I didn't have the latter installed but have now installed the latest version of rtmpdump.

librtmp is yet to be updated
PKOneTwo Wrote:maybe same problem as here?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108060&page=3

Long time ago RTMPs didn't start on my 32bit machine. After a ticket (not mine) being falsely closed, the devs just took the precompiled libRTMP from mplayerHQ and everything worked (at least started). Maybe they are compiling their own libRTMP again (which didn't work then) or they are taking an outdated one!

PS: maybe this is a server side issue, i can't watch any good HD sportschannels (overflooded with people trying to watch), but sky movie channels, National Geo and so on work fine

The problem is that the swf file for a lot of streams is down so that the swfhash can't be computed.
We have the swfhash and the swfsize for those swf files in the xml, but can't pass it to librtmp.
rtmpdump has -x and -s, but we would need swfhash= and swfsize=, which don't exist. Hence the patch for librtmp, so the swf verification works properly with precomputed hashes.
HansMayer Wrote:The problem is that the swf file for a lot of streams is down so that the swfhash can't be computed.
We have the swfhash and the swfsize for those swf files in the xml, but can't pass it to librtmp.
rtmpdump has -x and -s, but we would need swfhash= and swfsize=, which don't exist. Hence the patch for librtmp, so the swf verification works properly with precomputed hashes.

But that would just explain why streams won't start.
It shouldn't explain why they freeze or crash while playing...
PKOneTwo Wrote:But that would just explain why streams won't start.
It shouldn't explain why they freeze or crash while playing...
Actually, the streams stop after exactly 60 seconds because the verification failed.

Here's the solution:
Windows:
Download and extract rtmpdump
Replace Program Files/XBMC/system/players/dvdplayer/librtmp.dll from XBMC with the one from the archive.

OS X:
Download and extract librtmp.0.dylib
Replace XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib (Right-Click on XBMC, Show Package Contents) with the new version.

iOS:
Download and extract librtmp.0.dylib
ATV2: Replace /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib with the new version.
iPhone/iPad: Replace /Applications/XBMC.app/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib with the new version.

Linux:
Download librtmp from https://github.com/svnpenn/rtmpdump, compile it with make in the librtmp folder and replace librtmp.so.0 from XBMC with the new version.

After you've replaced librtmp, replace the default.py with this one (which is the one from page 16, in case you haven't installed it already), and edit HAS_UPDATED_LIBRTMP to True (right under BASE at the beginning; It's case sensitive, true won't work)

Voila, most European streams don't stop after 60 seconds anymore.
sorry I'm new to thisSmile can you show me where to find that defaultpy in xbmc apple tv2 to edit, thanks alot
chetvitinh Wrote:sorry I'm new to thisSmile can you show me where to find that defaultpy in xbmc apple tv2 to edit, thanks alot
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.rtmpGUI/default.py
librtmp.dll is located in 2 separate locations in windows (one in \system the other in \system\players\dvdplayer - the current files are different in size and date! So, which one to replace with the new dll? Or both?
castalla Wrote:librtmp.dll is located in 2 separate locations in windows (one in \system the other in \system\players\dvdplayer - the current files are different in size and date! So, which one to replace with the new dll? Or both?
The one in /XBMC/system/players/dvdplayer
Thanks.

A supplementary:

rtmpdump is required for 4OD and 5 Demand - the contents of the new rtmpdump are very different from the rtmpdump files I use for these 2 programs.

So, should I leave the existing rtmpdump files or should I update them too?
castalla Wrote:Thanks.

A supplementary:

rtmpdump is required for 4OD and 5 Demand - the contents of the new rtmpdump are very different from the rtmpdump files I use for these 2 programs.

So, should I leave the existing rtmpdump files or should I update them too?
It shouldn't hurt, but I guess you won't benefit either.
HansMayer Wrote:It shouldn't hurt, but I guess you won't benefit either.

Are you are diplomat by any chanceHuh?!!!!
HansMayer you're the best, thanks for helping, I love how rtmp looks and works great, beers!
Many thanks !
It's working great for european channels.

I just had to edit a little the default.py you provided :
I deleted
Code:
+stream.findtext('advanced').replace('-v','').replace('live=1','')
just before
[HTML]if HAS_UPDATED_LIBRTMP:[/HTML]

It was repeating the "advanced" parameters.
fondary Wrote:Many thanks !
It's working great for european channels.

I just had to edit a little the default.py you provided :
I deleted
Code:
+stream.findtext('advanced').replace('-v','').replace('live=1','')
just before
[HTML]if HAS_UPDATED_LIBRTMP:[/HTML]

It was repeating the "advanced" parameters.
Thx, I've updated the script.
Hello! Thanks for great work.

I have problems getting stream for Sky Sport News - none of those work. Any ideas ?

If people are curios of following the URL's for the stream , i recomend installing URL SNOOPER for SNIFFING your local network's connections to the internett.

Program site: http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mo...index.html

If you are sport interested as i am , i would also recomend the webpage underneath for all LIVE sport events on television channels across Europe. Here you can easily find what channels are broadcasting LIVE sports.

http://liveonsat.com/live2day.php?start_..._yyyy=2012

Look forward for help on my issue regarding Sky Sport News
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] rtmpGUI plugin2