ATV2 & Hulu fix
Hi All

After struggling for hours with ATV2 and the Hulu plugin provided by Blu Cop and being in Canada (Beer is better but access to US content sucks) I thought I would share what I found as a solution to couple of issues.

First: Access...if you want to play US only content (Hulu) you are going to have to take the plunge...Paid VPN access...period. I tried multiple ways around this and until some kind developer creates a VPN addon (maybe if we send enough Canadian beer to him...eh) your not going to connect.

So far I am on a 7 day free trial with unblock-us.com they require only an email address....no credit card to try out their service. In addition unlike other VPN providers their is no external programs they just give you a different DNS setting. This also provides a better level of flexibility as you can apply it to just your ATV or at the router level...very cool.

The cost
is only 4.95 a month if you decide to keep it...I am a cheapass but at 4.95 a month I can swallow that.

Next the actual plugin I encountered numerous errors in trying to make this work from it playing all the commercials and then kicking me back to the main episode selection to getting the error "Could not find next item in playlist" etc etc

I tried changing the amount of commercials, to enabling commercial breaks and on and on...

The fix was while at the episode selection screen, highlight an episode, press and hold the menu button on the apple tv remote this will bring up the sub menu (yeah I felt like a dumbass too until I finally found out this cool secret) next select "Add-on settings" At this point you can navigate to the "Ads" heading and set the amount of ads you would like to see.....Naturally mine are all set to 0. And then to the heading "Streaming" change the quality to "Ask" and enable the SWF verify.

Now everytime you select an episode to play a sub menu of various formats the video will attempt to play will pop up...you need to play around till you find which is best for you...Myself after trying a few different Movies, TV shows etc etc I found that

Enable captions = not enabled
Quality = 720p 3200k
Default CDN = akamai
SWF Verify = enabled

Now that does not mean other combinations will not work... it just means that the defaults...at least in my case did not. It was the setting the Quality to "Ask" which allowed me to finally play the episodes.

I hope this information will save others the hours of frustration I went thru Smile
And I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the developer as when you do get this working...it kicks ass

~Metal~
I use unblock us from the uk and I can only get it to work when i have default cdn server as akamai. other than that i can play the video at any quality.
I think that changing the cdn server to get hulu to work was mentioned in the hulu thread but months ago, so you probablily misted it.
thx so much for this!
there is a hulu thread to discuss the plugin. please direct posts there
Sorry my bad

~Metal~

P.S.

Just so others know:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...lu&page=81

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 & Hulu fix0