HP Proliant Microserver Storage Limit
Hi guys, can I put 3 hard disks, each one of 4 TB inside my HP Proliant Microserver?
I searched on google and I found that I have to boot from an Hard Disk that is maximum of 2 TB, but I think there is no size limit for the others 3 hdds.

Do you know something?

The Hp Micro Server is this:

Thanks for who will help me! Smile
I can't say definitively, but I'm pretty sure the Microserver supports 3TB drives max. However, if you buy certain mounts you can fit an extra 2 HDDs in the ODD bay up top, allowing potentially 6 hard drives in total Smile
Isnt it cheaper anyways to build the Server with 3 or even 2tb drives?

You could boot from USB and fit in 5x 2TB / 3TB drives.
TeKo Wrote:Isnt it cheaper anyways to build the Server with 3 or even 2tb drives?

You could boot from USB and fit in 5x 2TB / 3TB drives.

That's my eventual plan - unAID is running off USB, and have 5 drives fitted at the moment Smile
dannycorker Wrote:I can't say definitively, but I'm pretty sure the Microserver supports 3TB drives max. However, if you buy certain mounts you can fit an extra 2 HDDs in the ODD bay up top, allowing potentially 6 hard drives in total Smile

but i can. it definitively does support 3TB HDDs, cause i have already one installed in it running with whs2011, but you cannot boot from a 3TB HDD cause the N36L/N40L only has a "old" bios and no UEFI.
best thing you can do is, use a 2,5" HDD(you can put it in the space between the 5,25" bay and the 4x3,5" HDD-bays) as systemdrive or USB stick.

maybe take a look here. many questions are already answered there and there are also many links to certain microserver projects for example like this which is close to the max what the microserver can handle inside...
another way to increase storage space is using external drive cases connected via SATA to the microserver...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP Proliant Microserver Storage Limit0