Slow operation
So I use xbmc both on pc and atv2. I was wondering how I can speed up the operation of the atv2. The browsing is slow and takes more time than expected to find a movie. I understand that the hardware is not the best but was wondering how it could be faster.
Look up dirty regions and set it up in advancedsettings.xml
I have also heard that reducing the size of the thumbnails helps speed things up. I am not bothered myself.
HiDdEnTaLnT Wrote:So I use xbmc both on pc and atv2. I was wondering how I can speed up the operation of the atv2. The browsing is slow and takes more time than expected to find a movie. I understand that the hardware is not the best but was wondering how it could be faster.

post an xbmc.log ... because "slow" is very subjectiv we have to be sure that you aren't have a faulty setup or non accessible network share which runs into timeouts all the time... Do the log with debugging turned on (as described in the first link in my signature).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow operation0