Custom view to be chosen as the default view
sup, i was wondering would it be possible to add where in options; we can edit the custom view to our liking like whereas zoom amount originates 1.00 and aspect ratio, but we can change it to our liking and set it to the default view mode?
lana lang
you can change the default view mode in settings, my video. it should allow you to pick custom.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(kraqh3d @ may 08 2005,19:12 Wrote:you can change the default view mode in settings, my video.  it should allow you to pick custom.
it doesn't, it allows you to change it to everything but custom.
lana lang
interesting... it supports custom as a value, but it doesnt fill in that name in the spin control.

if you open settings.xml, find <viewmode> under <myvideos>. you can set it to 6 for custom. just dont go into settings, or it'll probably get lost. (the allowed values are 0 thru 6.)

or, if you're compiling your own build, open guiwindowsettingscategory.cpp, search for myvideos.viewmode. there's a loop which fills in the spin control (line 558 in mine). change the "less than" to "less than or equal" like this:

Quote:for (int i = view_mode_normal; i <= view_mode_custom; i++)
i'll sync up with jmarshall about if theres a reason why custom is not allowed.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
no reason other than i'm not sure whether the the pixel ratio/zoom amount in custom mode sticks or not from 1 video to the next (can't really remember off the top of my head). if it does stick fine after playing a video, altering it, then playing another one, then it's all good Smile if not, it's a pain in the arse :p

i think the best way to handle this sort of thing is to have a list of control modes in settings.xml (or perhaps farm it out to an advanced.xml file in the xbmc dir) that allows advanced users to set their own options.

that way the nice defaults (everything except custom) are available to the user, and the advanced people are quite happy to edit an xml file to get what they want. it also cleans up the gui somewhat - we can probably remove the pixel ratio/zoom amount sliders from the osd.

your thoughts?

cheers,
jonathan

(jmarshall @ may 09 2005,02:45 Wrote:no reason other than i'm not sure whether the the pixel ratio/zoom amount in custom mode sticks or not from 1 video to the next (can't really remember off the top of my head).  if it does stick fine after playing a video, altering it, then playing another one, then it's all good Smile  if not, it's a pain in the arse :p
it sticks. i was watching a stacked video of up to 7 different videos and whenever it looped onto the next one, it kept the same zoom amount and aspect ratio that was set for the previous one. :kickass:
lana lang
i believe it'll keep it unless the video had settings already saved for it in the database.

i dont think removing the sliders from the osd is a good idea. i sometimes have to adjust videos and its nice that its right there in the osd.

maybe a better option is to have a user level setting. it can default to beginner which hides alot of the options and settings. then the user can switch it to advanced to get access to all the options and settings.
we'll leave it as is then, just having custom allowable as a default setting. i'll then leave the settings for the default zoom/pixel ratio editable in settings.xml.

i think the current view settings suffice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom view to be chosen as the default view0