XBMC Acting Weird.
Ok, I know that's not very descriptive, so here it goes.

I run a 8tb RAID 5 server. I have all of my movies and everything on that server, as well as mySQL databases and what not. I'm trying to Sync my XBMC library, because I have it on 2 computers, as well as a Jailbroken ATV2.

When I add the advancedsettings.xml file to the userdata folder on my Windows computer, it makes the main menu where you can choose Videos, Music, Weather, Settings (etc) run slowwerrrr then hell. The computer itself doesn't bog down, just the main menu. When I make it into the Settings menu, it no longer runs slow, and it runs just fine.

[HTML]<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.5</host>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.5</host>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>[/HTML]

Also, when I then go to click on import library, it never populates the database. I've created the mySQL user xbmc, with password xbmc, and I've tried importing the database with the databases created, as well as not having the databases created. I just don't know what the problem I'm running into here is. Any help would be appreciated.
The "bog down" is XBMC attempting to connect to the database. This is normal for database connection problems. You do not have a port specified in your advancedsettings.xml, which is one problem.

Check that you have the port opened in your firewalls as well. Ensure that you have given your user account permissions to connect to, modify, and create databases. Also try connecting to your MySQL server from another client, such as HeidiSQL to verify that you can connect with the credentials you are providing in your advancedsettings.xml.

Lastly, your log will show you if there are connection problems, even if you have not enabled debugging mode.
Try these MySQL speedup tips: http://xbmcstuff.bossanova808.net/2011/0...e.html?m=1
Figured out what the problem was. So basic, which is most likely the reason it was overlooked.

As J114 has stated, it was basically that XBMC couldn't connect to the mySQL server. I had followed all the steps, so I couldn't figure out why this was. I downloaded Heidi SQL to test, and that couldn't connect either.

I double checked all my ports, my configurations, etc, and those all checked out. Then it hit me. After I changed the configuration files, I neglected to restart the processes. A simple Reboot on the server was all that was needed to resolve this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Acting Weird.0