[WIP] Vinci
Vinci is a complete overhaul of the skin I made way back in 2007.
It was a small success as it looked a bit different than most skins. It was also one of the first skins to be developed for 720p and make use of fanart & colors.
More info about the old version in this thread.

Some differences compared to the old Vinci:
A consistent flow, the skin works more as a whole.
Simple navigation. No hidden dialogboxes. It will make full use of two main changing buttons per window.
1080p graphics.

Early preview at youtube The compression doesn't do the graphics justice though.
Haven't had the chance to use the old Vinci skin, so i'm very excited!
Wow...looks really good...can't wait to see more...

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Glad to see a masterpiece coming back!
Love the animations Smile
Go on! I hope get it soon on my xbmc! Cool
Consistent Flow ... Nice&Clean.
Damn, i like it Smile
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
Wow, looks nice. Glad to see such a pretty skin coming back to life.
I just watch the video preview and I must say that it looks indeed very very nice Smile
It looks quite different from other skins I have seen or tried and I am pretty sure it will add a nice diversity to the current skins catalogue.
Thanks for the responses guys!

A lot of progress has been made in the mean time. The more I work on Vinci, the more excited I get Smile
I'm deliberate not showing new content. There will be another video that shows all features close to the first release.
I do however have set up a feed of the development GIT on my site http://vinci.tera-source.com/ that tracks the latest changes.
So whenever you are wondering if the project is dead, check the feed :p
Mntz Wrote:Thanks for the responses guys!

A lot of progress has been made in the mean time. The more I work on Vinci, the more excited I get Smile
I'm deliberate not showing new content. There will be another video that shows all features close to the first release.
I do however have set up a feed of the development GIT on my site http://vinci.tera-source.com/ that tracks the latest changes.
So whenever you are wondering if the project is dead, check the feed :p

Nice Smile

It sounds good to me.
This looks beautiful Smile Just curious, are you developing it on an ATV2 by any chance? Would be terrific if this ran well on one Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:This looks beautiful Smile Just curious, are you developing it on an ATV2 by any chance? Would be terrific if this ran well on one Smile
I mainly test on my PC which has an i7 cpu and Radeon HD6900 card and my HTPC (intel E8200 / Nvidia 9400GT) so I have absolutely no idea how it performs on ATV2, sorry. When it's released you can always give feedback and i'll see what I can do performance wise Smile
Looks nice!

Just found this thread, and watched the video, this looks to be head and shoulders above the other skins to date. Great work, hope it makes it to full release.

(2012-01-16, 22:01)Mntz Wrote: Vinci is a complete overhaul of the skin I made way back in 2007.
It was a small success as it looked a bit different than most skins. It was also one of the first skins to be developed for 720p and make use of fanart & colors.
More info about the old version in this thread.

Some differences compared to the old Vinci:
A consistent flow, the skin works more as a whole.
Simple navigation. No hidden dialogboxes. It will make full use of two main changing buttons per window.
1080p graphics.

Early preview at youtube The compression doesn't do the graphics justice though.

magnifico .. keep up the gr8 work.. looking forward to using it.
nice clean and elegant.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Vinci1