Tagging Util for MKV files similar to MetaX?
Hi, I have been diligently working on my video library makiing sure it is am complete as possible but one of the things that worries me is that most of my "work" is stored in separate files (the tbn/job/nfo/trailer files) I have partially allayed my fears by using mkv containers and the attachments feature that mkv supports and attaching the supporting files to (in?) the mkv files but the information in these attachments is currently rather inaccessible unless i extract them.

I have seen utilities that added the data to the video file itself (first time i saw the idea was via abcavi) and recently I came across MetaX but it only supports mp4/mov files.

I wanted to see if anyone knows of any programs that could perhaps extract in infomration from an xbmc nfo file and add it as metadata to an mkv file and also add poster art?

Any thoughts on this would really be appreciated!

Cheers,

-Gaiko
I am not aware of any, and I have been asking this question for a long time. I don't know why video files are treated differently than audio files when it comes to tagging them. It would be nice to have the ability to store basic tag information in MKVs like we can in audio files (ie. simply the name, release year, and poster). I don't understand why this has never been implemented. Please post here if you run across anything like this. It's nice to have in the event that file names get lost or messed up. You could always identify and rename them based on the name stored in the tag.

-hogfan
I've always wanted this too. When I first started capping about 10-12 years ago there was a utility that could append meta information onto an *.avi file which I used extensively. But I'm surprised the MKV doesn't have this built in ala ID3. Maybe suggest it to them?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tagging Util for MKV files similar to MetaX?0