Best iPhone xbmc remote control app
Which is the best of these iPhone remote control apps which work with xbmc:

XBMC Remote - remote on app store
- as recommended by lifehacker remote apps for iphone

HippoRemote - basic on app store or pro on app store
- as recommended by lifehacker (see my conundrum) xbmc remotes

Do you use/have you used either? HippoRemote works on the PC in general and the pro version has app-specific support with plenty of awesome features, however, xbmc remote is designed specifically for xbmc and all the advantages that come with that.
Also, do you have any other recommendations?
I got the first one shortly after it came out. I tried a couple others since then but always go back to the XBMC Remote. It works great, displays banners and movie information very well. Out of all the ones I've tried it is definitely the best in my opinion.

Never tried Hippo though so I can't comment on that one.
i have a win7 with xbmc type set up, and i use hippo remote - i really like it, and the big plus for my setup is it controls more than just xbmc.
The are also other remote apps for the iPhone if anybody uses these tbh I think if I was going to use other apps with the remote hipporemote wud be the way to go but if only for xbmc then it's the specific xbmc remote. I'm planning in getting a laptop for uni and will multiboot windows and xbmc live to serve as a sort of tv system. Lifehacker has some very good ideas about how to use xbmc which I wud advise you to look into
Don't forget xbmc commander. best one i've used, might be just for ipad though
Have you used any others and can compare
and are there any more?
This is somewhat mentioned above but I use Hipporemote Pro. It is the best one that I have found so far. I am running it on an iphone and an itouch. You first install a small vnc app (very little memory) on your machine running xbmc (supports MAC, Windows, Linux Ubuntu). The app iteself for the iphone/itouch/etc. can be purchased from the apple store for a nominal fee.

The great thing about this app is that you can create custom remote profiles. It comes with one built for XBMC (and supports many others). I built a custom one that included all the controls I needed so I can navigate through my skin (using aeon nox) plus support play/pause/etc all on one screen.

This one is working great for me and it is easy to use.
I am still looking for an iPhone Remote which lets me browse Music Addons like Grooveshark. i bought iXBMC and XBMC Remote, but they both don't let me do that.

I still would recommend both for everybody. XBMC Remote looks and handles better, though I must say I am quicker with iXBMC
krade Wrote:The great thing about this app is that you can create custom remote profiles. It comes with one built for XBMC (and supports many others). I built a custom one that included all the controls I needed so I can navigate through my skin (using aeon nox) plus support play/pause/etc all on one screen.

Any chance of uploading your profile somewhere? I love the fact that these can be shared with Hippo Remote, but don't like configuring my own.
krade Wrote:This is somewhat mentioned above but I use Hipporemote Pro. It is the best one that I have found so far. I am running it on an iphone and an itouch. You first install a small vnc app (very little memory) on your machine running xbmc (supports MAC, Windows, Linux Ubuntu). The app iteself for the iphone/itouch/etc. can be purchased from the apple store for a nominal fee.

The great thing about this app is that you can create custom remote profiles. It comes with one built for XBMC (and supports many others). I built a custom one that included all the controls I needed so I can navigate through my skin (using aeon nox) plus support play/pause/etc all on one screen.

This one is working great for me and it is easy to use.

Does this support the library functions of xbmc? From the video on their website it seems to me like this just offers remote control functions. The great advantage of the xbmc remote from collect3 to me is that you don't have to turn on your television to access your media. However I have the feeling the collect3 remote will not be updated any time soon if ever.
I'm using Constellation. It's free and works very fine.
I've tried practically all of the free remotes and at least 4 paid ones... When it was all said and done, I removed all the apps except "Constellation" (which I use on my iPad1 (64GB Wifi), iPhone 4 (CDMA), and iPod Touch (4th Gen) and XBMC Commander (on my iPad ONLY because it keeps a local copy of the cache so I can show friends/family a current list when not connected... I do not use it for control or anything else).

So... My recommendation would be for Constellation by FSS.cc (but please note, I'm currently a beta tester for them and provide a lot of their tech support on this forum, so my opinion may appear bias, but it's just because I love the app so much)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I love constellation free too, and planning to buy pro version...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best iPhone xbmc remote control app0