Are there problems with i3 2100 without discrete graphics for htpc?
Nexxo Wrote:I see that you got DTS-HD MA audio track playing, are you bitstreaming that out in DTS-HD or just DTS?

Eden does not support bitstream of DTS-MA, so it just outputs DTS bitstream.
voip-ninja Wrote:Eden does not support bitstream of DTS-MA, so it just outputs DTS bitstream.

That's what I thought when you said you were using the stock player. Are you running Eden Beta? Or some other version?
Nexxo Wrote:That's what I thought when you said you were using the stock player. Are you running Eden Beta? Or some other version?

I am running Eden Beta. It is showing that the track is recognized as DTS-MA, unfortunately though Eden Beta cannot bitstream this or Dolby True.
good to see this thred and that i am not the only one. i have a celeron G530 (Sandy Bridge). the little guy doesn't have the power to play Blu ray without DXVA2 but when its enabled i get mad pixsilation/frame drop. the picture is great when dxva2 is off but it cant go more then a few seconds without pausing or stuttering.

god to know its the hardware and not me. looks like amd still dominates the sub $100 market.
pico1180 Wrote:good to see this thred and that i am not the only one. i have a celeron G530 (Sandy Bridge). the little guy doesn't have the power to play Blu ray without DXVA2 but when its enabled i get mad pixsilation/frame drop. the picture is great when dxva2 is off but it cant go more then a few seconds without pausing or stuttering.

god to know its the hardware and not me. looks like amd still dominates the sub $100 market.

i3-2100 can be had for about $99, so maybe you should just update your cpu.

For the most part, I agree with you, AMD is killing it in the low end space right now, however some of the CPUs being mentioned are very hot very high power consumption models, where the Intel might make more sense.
voip-ninja Wrote:If people put 10% of the energy into enjoying their movies that they do screwing with their setups and critiquing PQ they would probably be much happier overall.

hehehehe so true.
pico1180 Wrote:good to see this thred and that i am not the only one. i have a celeron G530 (Sandy Bridge). the little guy doesn't have the power to play Blu ray without DXVA2 but when its enabled i get mad pixsilation/frame drop. the picture is great when dxva2 is off but it cant go more then a few seconds without pausing or stuttering.

are you playing blu ray from a bdreader or 1080p mkv rips?
1080 mkv rips.
Nexxo Wrote:I see that you got DTS-HD MA audio track playing, are you bitstreaming that out in DTS-HD or just DTS?
XBMC don't support DTS-HD/TrueHD. If you are insteresting in bitstreaming and still want to enjoy XBMC as front-end, you can use my guide to setup XBMC external player- Working External Player Solution.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
This nicely equipped little HTPC with Intel 2.13GHz CPU and AMD HD6450A GPU should be able to playback BD in full 1080P video with DTS-HD/TrueHD and 3D too. It's very low power and noise in a very tiny and sleek case. It's ready for XBMC out of the box for $343- IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102BU - Glossy Black and Silver.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
i seem to be hearing a lot of mixed reviews. some people say that the sandy bridge with intel HD 2000 can handle 1080p blu rays. others say that it can't. is it just the problem with XBMC because of the DVXA? i thought this issue has been dealt with in the eden beta.

If your interested, I got a brand new i3 2125 for sale. Looking for $110 Smile
I had a 2100 and it worked great but it took me a while to figure out how to get it to work with DXVA.

i was using a nightly 10.1 build and DXVA would work BUT i was getting the sandy bridge 24P dropped frame (stutter) every 40 or so seconds. to prevent this i would just set "sync playback to Display" with this set videos would always play back at 24P. now i know the videophiles here are going to be like, well blu ray playback is really 23.976 fps yes i know that BUT if i have never noticed any frame rate dropping or hitching with this setting.

as for the post on the first page about movies with a higher bit rate of 25mbps not playing good is false.

i have a few MKV, H.264 1080 videos running a bit rate around 35+ average Mbps. (saving private ryan, and transformers movies) never had a issue with them. they would even play without DXVA on. but cpu usage would ht around 80% usage (Hyperthreading off)

now i sold my HTPC to a bud so i can't test these settings on the Eden beta 2 build (beta 2 just was put out today for windows) but im sure it will work fine
Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are there problems with i3 2100 without discrete graphics for htpc?0