• 4(current)
atv xmbc crashing last night
davilla Wrote:now syslog please.

Sorry for the delay, been at work. Yesternight (?) i tried to jailbreak my ATV2 with the new version of Seas0npass Version 0.8.1 (360). Same problem, XBMC starts perfect first time and after that just XBMC-logo and black screen, exactly as mentioned before. So here is the xbmc.log and syslog from the new install.

XBMC.log (new):
http://pastebin.ca/2104564

syslog:
http://pastebin.ca/2104562
if you disconnect from your network and go in it will not crash and all works fine if you plug network cord back in while inside xbmc.

however what seems to be crashing is the new MovieDB 3.0.0
if you try and update this it crashes.

is there a manual REPO for MovieDB 3.0.0 that can be installed via zip file its worth a shot.
if so please email me or post ling to the d/l like.

thanks,
ok ive managed to get it working,its to do with the metadata the xbmc plugins you need to ftp into your box,and goto the folder stash,the applications,XBMC.frappliance,XBMCData,XBMCHome,addons,then delete folder that has movie db metadata in it,also delete xbmc metadata file to this will get xbmc to stop crashing but it will come up with plugins broken just press yes to all of them,it should work after that,this is a work in progress but at least it will be able to use xbmc,or the other way is uplug your router boot xbmc then plug your router back in,but if you shut xbmc and boot up it again with interent still connected it will crash again
yes i remember now i tried to update the moviedb and since then it crashed,good spot.
This wouldnt have anything to do with the new version of Seasonpass, would it?
I know I downloaded the update yesterday before I did a new jailbreak and thats when my problem started.
step 1. turn on your apple tv 2 as usual

step 2 - before you click on xbmc, please go power off or pull the plug on your wireless router so there won't be an internet connection.

step 3. on your apple tv, click on xbmc

step 4 - go to video --> video add-ons

step 5 - go to the end of the list and select "get more"

step 6 - highlight and select Free Cable and on the next box that appears, please Uninstall add-on

step 7 - highlight and select Icefilms add-on and on the next box, please uninstall Icefilms add-on

step 8 - turn on your wireless router again... give it a few minutes for all the lights to come on again.

step 9 - go back to your apple tv 2 and exit xbmc to the apple tv menu and try and go back into xbmc again.

step 10. XBMC stable

but I went and enabled Free Cable after this and I actually saw movie.db being updated....no crashes on xbmc anymore but the list of all the video-add-ons have now dissapeared. Just a blank screen but no more xbmc crashing. So if I wanted to reinstall icefilms, I am unsure how I am going to do this since it isn't showing up with the rest of the add-ons when I select "get More"
I have noticed also that with a fresh install and no exra user installed add-on's that when I try to update the MovieDB I crash but when I try to update the TVDB it updates without issue. I have added some user installed add-on's and they install without issue and I was able to update a zip installed repo without issue. Would like to find out if there is a zip file that can be used to update the MovieDB.
What I have just tried and seems to have worked for me is:

Logged in via WinSCP and hit ctrl+o and used these location's
/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons

from there I made a back up copy to my desktop of this folder:
metadata.themoviedb.org

after I had a copy I deleted the original folder from the apple tv. I went back to xbmc on the actual ATV2 and under system, add-on's, upgrades I upgraded the moviedb and I have been crash free for awhile where I was crashing like everyone else.

I also tried this on another atv2 and didn't see the folder in the same place but I did a quick search using alt+f7 from root and used the metadata.themoviedb.org for the search and found it in a different loaction but the same process worked there also

Hope this helps someone out
I was having an issue where XBMC would crash when I first opened it, but then when I reopened it would be fine. If I left the AppleTV alone a while I would find that it was back at FrontRow and when I opened XBMC it would again crash the first time and be fine the second time.

I suspect this has to do with it attempting to update the MovieDB add-on. I don't use it since my ATV just reads a MySQL database created by my desktop. I've disabled automatic updates for add-ons in the meantime. Hope this fix helps someone else.
Rogue26 Wrote:What I have just tried and seems to have worked for me is:

metadata.themoviedb.org

after I had a copy I deleted the original folder from the apple tv. I went back to xbmc on the actual ATV2 and under system, add-on's, upgrades I upgraded the moviedb and I have been crash free for awhile where I was crashing like everyone else.

I also tried this on another atv2 and didn't see the folder in the same place but I did a quick search using alt+f7 from root and used the metadata.themoviedb.org for the search and found it in a different loaction but the same process worked there also

This didnt work for me. I got to the part where you delete metadata.themoviedb.org then I go into xbmc and before I can even get to system, add-on's, upgrades to upgrade the moviedb it crashes on me.
ok ive managed to get it working,its to do with the metadata the xbmc plugins you need to ftp into your box,and goto the folder stash,the applications,XBMC.frappliance,XBMCData,XBMCHome,addons,then delete folder metadata.themoviedb.org,metadata.common.themoviedb.org,xbmc metadata ,this will get xbmc to stop crashing but it will come up with plugins broken just press yes to all of them,it should work after that,this is a work in progress but at least it will be able to use xbmc,or the other way is uplug your router boot xbmc then plug your router back in,but if you shut xbmc and boot up it again with interent still connected it will crash again
Rogue26 Wrote:What I have just tried and seems to have worked for me is:

metadata.themoviedb.org

this method worked for me... well i did wht u said...i turn off my router and went to xbmc after that when i was inside xbmc i turn on my router and xbmc is working fine I'm watching greys anatomy without interruption... thaxs man
hi wisdomwolf how did you disable automatic updates for addons please
cheleloco Wrote:this method worked for me... well i did wht u said...i turn off my router and went to xbmc after that when i was inside xbmc i turn on my router and xbmc is working fine I'm watching greys anatomy without interruption... thaxs man

well after the show was done I went back to xbmc menu and voila crash again !!!
@Jiminho

This seems to work and is the most simple way to give to the end user a non crashing experience.

too bad there isn't a simple streaming add-on that i can get to work. smoothly.

edit: navi-x seems to be the best option for streaming...
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
atv xmbc crashing last night0