• 11(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
(2012-04-21, 09:32)twinther Wrote: Hi Cirip,
There's a problem with parsing the dates in your xmltv file. Can you send it to me? - then I can investigate.
Br.
Tommy

Hi Tommy!

There is the file (It is a little big xml)
It was made by XMLTV XML
Thanks for your help!

Can u make this work with USA channels and make the guide for USA
Great work and thank you
Hi Tommy

There is the file in zip format too.

Best Regards

(2012-04-22, 00:49)dallasnights Wrote: Can u make this work with USA channels and make the guide for USA
Great work and thank you

It works with any channels as long as you can source the XMLTV.XML files. I have all the sky movies added to my freesat (UK) channel listings, streaming from strm files within the guide. Love this addon.

-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Hi twinther!

Do you find any answers for my problem?

br.

Zoltan
(2012-04-25, 09:51)Cirip Wrote: Hi twinther!

Do you find any answers for my problem?

br.

Zoltan

Yes, it is fixed in the latest git. The problem is that some programs doesn't have an end time, the addon couldn't handle that.
Br.
Tommy
(2012-04-25, 09:58)twinther Wrote: Yes, it is fixed in the latest git. The problem is that some programs doesn't have an end time, the addon couldn't handle that.
Br.
Tommy

It's grate! So there is a new version for XBMC available?

Thanks for your help!

BR

p.s.: You said in the first post: "Feel free to suggest other (international) sources.."
So it could be great if you can put the "port.hu" site into the sources.
Also the port.hu in the scrapers list in XBMC.
(2012-04-22, 12:24)danz0l Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 00:49)dallasnights Wrote: Can u make this work with USA channels and make the guide for USA
Great work and thank you

It works with any channels as long as you can source the XMLTV.XML files. I have all the sky movies added to my freesat (UK) channel listings, streaming from strm files within the guide. Love this addon.

Any possibility of a share of that file? Smile
(2012-04-25, 11:18)PatrickBateman Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 12:24)danz0l Wrote:
Great work and thank you

Any possibility of a share of that file? Smile
yes that would be awesome Tongue
OK guys all i do is create a STRM file for each channel i wish to include in the TV guide. These can be mix and match (i.e. my tv card channels mixed with streaming channels). As long as you can generate a valid XMLTV listing and have a valid url it works perfectly.

So for instance my tvcard uses TVHEADEND as the backbone.

If i want to have BBC One in my guide i'll create a new file called BBC1.strm with the following inside

Quote:htsp://xbmc:[email protected]:9982/tags/0/55

save the file somewhere you can access within xbmc itself.

Now to generate the XMLTV file i use XMLTVGUI (http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/), using the radio times grabber, obviously making sure i have BBC 1 listings being grabbed.

Then you would go into the settings of TVGuide, tell it to use a XMLTV file instead of its default streaming, direct it to the generated XML file that XMLTVGUI created and save. When you now load the guide up you'll see BBC 1 there. All thats now needed is to click BBC 1, tell it to use the BBC1.strm file you created earlier and bingo, full Live TV listings.

One thing i must mention is make sure XMLTVGUI outputs to UTF8 or TV Guide won't load it.

Now, you can continue adding channels this way, creating a STRM file for each channel in turn.

So for SKY Movies (Comedy) HD (streaming from the internet) you'd again create a STRM file (lets say Sky Movies Comedy.strm and inside put

Quote:rtmp://fsscdn.foo-net.com/fss-xbmc/live/fss-xbmc/live playpath=sp27.stream app=fss-xbmc/live pageURL=http://www.flashsportstreams.tv/forum/view.php?pg=vip27xbmc tcURL=rtmp://fsscdn.foo-net.com/fss-xbmc/live swfUrl=http://flashsportstreams.info/protected/secure_player.swf swfVfy=true live=true

save the file, make sure you have XMLTVGUI grabbing the SKY Movies (Comedy) HD XML and then repeat how we did it for BBC 1, i.e. load up TV Guide, click SKY Movies (Comedy) HD and direct it to the strm file you created earlier. Now you have BBC 1 playing from your TV card, SKY Movies (Comedy) HD streaming from the internet and all within a LIveTV environment with full program listings.

Where do we get the streams from ? Well good old Blackoutworm and many others are keeping those up to date. Check out http://home.no/chj191/theStreamDB.xml

The link you need to put into your own strm files is everything between the <link></link> under the channel title your interested in.

When links change on live streams (they do from time to time) its just a case of grabbing a new one, opening your premade strm file, replacing the link and bingo your back into watching live tv.

Note also that for live rtmp streaming you'll need updated RTMPDump (v2.4) and librtmp.so.0 (linux files) to get passed the protection.

Hope that helps, its certainly extended my live tv and works great.

Obviously clicking and generating 7 days listings each time manually is a bit tedious so you can use console versions of XMLTVGUI (i'm using linux and cron) to automate the tv listing generation.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
cheers danz01 , would it be asking too much if you could share your .STRM & xmltv files.. the one based on blackoutworm's streams.
it would be a HUGE help .. if not that's fine as well ,
Appreciate your help anyways.Cool
i wrote a quick howto setup xmltv with multiple grabbers (eg usa & uk) using mc2xml. check post # 50.
i currentley use it for a mix of 65 streams from 5 countries (us/uk/ireland/austria/switzerland).
generating the xmltv file can take a while if you use multiple grabbers (weeding out double entries), but it's worth the effort because you wind up with a truely custom & global tv setup.
(2012-04-26, 13:37)shaktoo Wrote: cheers danz01 , would it be asking too much if you could share your .STRM & xmltv files.. the one based on blackoutworm's streams.
it would be a HUGE help .. if not that's fine as well ,
Appreciate your help anyways.Cool

I could mate but to be honest all the tv card links will be specific to my setup and blackoutworms ones are easy to create (just create one per stream and then generate an xml file).

(2012-04-26, 14:37)thatguy7669 Wrote: i wrote a quick howto setup xmltv with multiple grabbers (eg usa & uk) using mc2xml. check post # 50.
i currentley use it for a mix of 65 streams from 5 countries (us/uk/ireland/austria/switzerland).
generating the xmltv file can take a while if you use multiple grabbers (weeding out double entries), but it's worth the effort because you wind up with a truely custom & global tv setup.

Oh now thats an idea. I'll look into that post. Where do you reside and how do you adjust the times to get the guide accurate (i.e American tv channels here in the UK would be a different timezone).

EDIT. Just started following you guide on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1020937 but have a couple of questions..

1. How do you handle timezone differences
2. (for the uk i used option 18 for general sky satellite and for the us the option for directv us-general-listings)). I see no options for either, how did you get those ?
-= My Media Centre =-
Ok I used the program mc2xml to create the xmltv file for my location
Now how to I point this application to the XML I created

I am in the USA and would love to have this app for USA channels

Can anyone help, thanks all
Let me start with a thank you to all for making the best EPG for XBMC
I use it with a few strm channels and HdHomeRun and it's all great.
For xml I use WebGrab+Plus http://www.servercare.nl/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=98 and it's great (comes with list of channels for almost whole world) - I use it for Europe.
Now I read in the beggining of this thread about livestreams and how they are on-off depending on the guy streamming that - I'm ok with that.
I hope you guys can give me an idea how to use TV Guide with SOPCAST. I found that some strm's are not working for me - but on same channels I can use sopecast just fine.
Other than using DSPlayer with sopcast filter to play the sop:// link , is there any way to add the sop link to TV Guide just like strm ?

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11