• 15(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Try to setup local time zone on your atv2 Smile))
I know this Smile But it's not a solution.
Example: if I combine two different xml guides into one with different time zones. Add-on show incorrect time on different channels.
Hi, this was discussed previously. You'll have to use an external tool to merge the xmltv files that can handle the timezone difference.

I don't use xmltv myself, so I'm no expert, but this tool was mentioned a couple of times: http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

Br.
Tommy
@twinther

Tommy, the getPreviousProgram and getNextProgram in the source class are quite slow on low spec hardware, eg ATV2s, due to the sorting in the SQL query

A much faster approach would be to use the same SQL query as the getCurrentProgram but with the time based on the current program, ie

Code:
def getNextProgram(self, program):
        nextProgram = None
        when = program.endDate + datetime.timedelta(minutes = 1)
        c = self.conn.cursor()
        c.execute('SELECT * FROM programs WHERE channel=? AND source=? AND start_date <= ? AND end_date >= ?', [program.channel.id, self.KEY, when, when])
        row = c.fetchone()
        if row:
            nextProgram = Program(program.channel, row['title'], row['start_date'], row['end_date'], row['description'], row['image_large'], row['image_small'])
        c.close()
        return nextProgram

and similarly for getNextProgram.
Thanks spoyser, I'll give it a go!

(2012-07-05, 19:59)shurikas Wrote: I know this Smile But it's not a solution.
Example: if I combine two different xml guides into one with different time zones. Add-on show incorrect time on different channels.

Hi, I am using combined XMLTV too.
I use one XMLTV from US ( mc2xml program) and the other XMLTV from another country.
For the second XMLTV before I combined it in one XMLTV, I have to run correction for 8 hours difference.
So I use "xmltv_time_correct.exe" (for some reason I can't find a link anymore)
Create a text file called "chans2correct.xml" where you have to add your channels that need time correction as follow:

<channels>
<channel time_error="-8">PRO TV</channel>
<channel time_error="-8">PRO TV Internaţional</channel>
<channel time_error="-8">Prima TV</channel>
<channel time_error="-8">Acasă TV</channel>
<channel time_error="-8">Kanal D</channel>
<channel time_error="-8">Realitatea TV</channel>

</channels>

("-8" means 8 hours diference)

And create a batch file as follow:

@echo OFF
rem specify: xmltv_time_correct inputxmltvfile outputxmltvfile
rem inputxmltvfile and outputxmltvfile must be different!
xmltv_time_correct RoGuide.xml ROTVtimecorrection.xml
exit

After that you can combined the 2 XMLTVs in one with "MergeXMLTV.exe"

That's it.

Cat
In a future update of your great addon, would it possible to include support for launching a favorite from a particular channel ?

The reason being I use the mypremium.tv streams through sportsdevil. Ive tried many different strm files including launching sportsdevil through tv guide but none seem to work. What i am doing now is browsing the epg and then going into settings then favourites to launch a particular channel, its no big deal but if that functionality could be added it would be great.

Thank You
I would also very much like this ability.
It's actually possible to select a stream from the favourites with the test build I uploaded some time ago:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1131353
I got sidetracked with other projects but I'll try to return to this soon and make an update.

Let me know if this test version satisfies your needs Smile

Br.
Tommy
I have everything up and running perfectly now using a custom generated XMLTV file and individual .strm files for each channel. My question is though, I get a really tacky looking colored background and no channel icons like I would if I had it running with the default setup, which looks fantastic. Is there any way to get this working when using an XMLTV file as opposed to one of the other options?

Also, 2 requests for changes in the future...

1) The option to open up the TV Guide channels list while still keeping a Stream going would be awesome. Basically the ability to check out whats on other channels without stopping the current one.
2) Some type of DVR/PVR recording functionality for the streams would be awesome.

Thanks again for such a great addon!
(2012-07-19, 21:20)twinther Wrote: It's actually possible to select a stream from the favourites with the test build I uploaded some time ago:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1131353
I got sidetracked with other projects but I'll try to return to this soon and make an update.

Let me know if this test version satisfies your needs Smile

Br.
Tommy

That is just what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot
I was just thinking, their seems to be quite a lot of us now hunting out feeds and creating strm files. Would it be advantageous to have a central database of these files ? I realize it is time consuming and it is not something I would expect Tommy to administer. Maybe a user page where all of us could update when we find new feeds,

I realize that there there are already people updating xmls for the livestreams/live tv addons but they seem to come and go, probably due to the begging and hassle from less advanced users. But i just thought it might be an idea and could save us all duplicating work.

Thoughts ?
(2012-07-21, 13:56)OldTerrier Wrote: I was just thinking, their seems to be quite a lot of us now hunting out feeds and creating strm files. Would it be advantageous to have a central database of these files ? I realize it is time consuming and it is not something I would expect Tommy to administer. Maybe a user page where all of us could update when we find new feeds,

I realize that there there are already people updating xmls for the livestreams/live tv addons but they seem to come and go, probably due to the begging and hassle from less advanced users. But i just thought it might be an idea and could save us all duplicating work.

Thoughts ?

I had thought about this, especially with trying to move over to completely streamed channels from cable. As the people who maintain the listings seem to fall off after a while, perhaps setting up some sort of central database maintained by the community would work better. The issue would be who actually has access to update the streams among some other important factors. It could definitely be done, and as far as I know wouldn't be considered illegal (just a sharing of links for information purposes) but would take some work to get setup correctly.

I unfortunately have not yet really found any definitive guide that explains how to rip the embedded streams out of sites. I am a paying customer of Futubox among other networks, but knowing how to get the links that don't require an authentication code be present in them would help to get the ball rolling on this.

Using a DNS on the central location would work great though. I am not entirely sure how it would be setup, but having something like rtmp://comedycentral.streamshub.com that could be updated to point to a new stream without requiring the actual end user's .strm file be changed would be exceptional.
Hello...

is it possible to deactivate the OSD menu during playback of a stream ? (so that i can use the native xbmc control bar)
The problem is that when i start an stream over tv-guide, HD (1080i) is stuttering.
But when i play that stream trough the xbmc video folder, the stream runs perfectly.
It runs also perfectly when i start the stream over tv-guide and double click with the mouse in the stream (during playback in fullscreen), so that the native xbmc control bar appears.
But this is not an option for me.

my backend is DVBViewer recording service, the fronted is xbmc (macosx) and xbmc (openelec).

Many Thx for the Help !

BYE

gmop
Hi
Thanks for the great program . I'm using polish WEEBTV plugin , I've setup EPG and stream , but I've got a problem . When I click the to watch the channel it's starts and then I've always have a message 'Opening Stream '
Please Help .
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11