• 19(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Is there a way to plug Livestreams plugin with TV Guide ? Right now I have strm files, but it would be a nice feature to bind those plugins together.

For each channel I have, I have 4 streams to choose from 2 HD, 2SD. That why choose 1 stream only is a problem since I can switch from HD to SD depending on the bandwitdh
Why not put a sd and hd channel in the guide i.e discovery, discovery hd with one sd and one hd stream
hummm. If I have 40 channels by doing so will get me 80 channels... Probably not the best solution.

Each channel has an SD and an HD stream. Also there is 2 servers to provide those streams. Applying this solution will get me 160 channels.
Is the offset working ?

Let's say european channels when I live in america, here it is GMT-5 and europe it is GMT+1. How to adjust that. My xmltv file is correct, but TV Guide doesn't seem to care about the time shift.
Does anyone else have problems in opening external xml file?
I get an error if the file is on a remote server or a public dropbox site:
The file opens normaly in the browser...

Code:
00:59:33 T:163041280  NOTICE: Settings changed: True
00:59:34 T:164106240  NOTICE: xbmcvfs.File() is missing - perhaps you are running XBMC Eden? - retrying with python file opener
00:59:34 T:164106240   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
00:59:34 T:164106240   ERROR:   File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 217, in updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
00:59:34 T:164106240   ERROR:     for item in self.getDataFromExternal(date, progress_callback):
00:59:34 T:164106240   ERROR:   File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 630, in getDataFromExternal
00:59:34 T:164106240   ERROR:     f = FileWrapper(self.xmltvFile)
00:59:34 T:164106240   ERROR:   File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 825, in __init__
00:59:34 T:164106240   ERROR:     self.vfsfile = open(filename)
00:59:34 T:164106240   ERROR: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33168380/guide.xml'
00:59:36 T:106909696 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: contextMenuHide
00:59:37 T:157052928 WARNING: Previous line repeats 17 times.
00:59:37 T:157052928 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
@twinther

Have you tried your addon with the latest XBMC nightly, the dreaded slowdown seems to have turned up again.

addControls and removeControls no longer seen to give the expected speed increase, have you noticed a similar issue?

edit
I have just tried your addon and can confirm that it is now once again slow to add and remove controls :-(

Good news! My bug report has already been taken up by the XBMC developers and should be getting fixed soon.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13538
(2012-11-02, 01:05)bladeds Wrote:
(2012-10-16, 16:52)grope Wrote: The problem I'm having since the update is that, after adding an strm file to a xml listing and play the file, when I backup out of the vid back to the TV guide, it gets stuck on a loop of "loading data from external sources, approcimately 1 seconds left..." over and over.

I also get a 'submit error report' pop up sometimes when I click on a channel, then when I cancel, the stream loads anyway

I am also having this problem

this is happening to me also, is there anything i can do to fix it?
(2012-11-12, 22:07)neeno77 Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 01:05)bladeds Wrote:
(2012-10-16, 16:52)grope Wrote: The problem I'm having since the update is that, after adding an strm file to a xml listing and play the file, when I backup out of the vid back to the TV guide, it gets stuck on a loop of "loading data from external sources, approcimately 1 seconds left..." over and over.

I also get a 'submit error report' pop up sometimes when I click on a channel, then when I cancel, the stream loads anyway

I am also having this problem

this is happening to me also, is there anything i can do to fix it?
I added all my streams to the favourites.xml file of xbmc, and named each channel excatly the same as the channels in the xmltv epg file.
that way the addon picked up the stream from favourittes automaticly when i pressed (clicked) on them. worked like a charm on a local list, but not (as I mentioned before) on an external list.

I should mention that I use the version from the beta-repo.

HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
This add-on works perfectly for me in Eden on Windows 7, 32bit ! I'm using a custom mod of the Metropolis skin.
However, on xbmc-12.0-Frodo_beta1-repack, when the listings for a highlighted channel scroll, the text "overwrites" itself. Stock Confluence skin.

BTW, I am using this with OTA (ATSC) strm files from my HDHomeRun. It works great on both builds with no problems (other than the scrolling glitch mentioned above).
Hello
I'm using this plugin with external XMLTV anf STRM files. It works ok. But there are two things, which bothers me:
1. In XMLTV file I have a channel with name ŠportTV. This causes plugin error. Now I have thrown it out and it works perfectly. Please
correct plugin, so that it takes also Channels with special characters čšž.
2. When I activate plugin and select a channel, it opens it in fullscreen. Info key is now giving me EGP description. Then I press back, and select
new channel. This is opened it in small window (in the lower right corner). Now I press TAB key (fullscreen), but program now looses focus. When I press Info,
it displays only player info (time...). Can you make it so, that when I select new channel, this is opened in fullscreen?
(2012-11-19, 11:54)bbgg Wrote: Hello
I'm using this plugin with external XMLTV anf STRM files. It works ok. But there are two things, which bothers me:
1. In XMLTV file I have a channel with name ŠportTV. This causes plugin error. Now I have thrown it out and it works perfectly. Please
correct plugin, so that it takes also Channels with special characters čšž.
2. When I activate plugin and select a channel, it opens it in fullscreen. Info key is now giving me EGP description. Then I press back, and select
new channel. This is opened it in small window (in the lower right corner). Now I press TAB key (fullscreen), but program now looses focus. When I press Info,
it displays only player info (time...). Can you make it so, that when I select new channel, this is opened in fullscreen?

I also have this problem in item 2. It appears that setting up a STRM file to call a plugin that uses xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl most times results in opening the preview window, not full screen. The info displayed is as per whatever the plugin set in the listitem, not the TVGuide info. The following message appears (but not always) in the logfile : ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide . Playback appears to stutter or slowdown at times as well, regardless of the addon setting for OSD info. Even for items which open full screen, toggling to the preview screen and back produces the same issues.
Thanks
Wanted to say thanks for this. Working great on Android 4.2.1 Nexus 10.
I solved problem regarding opening STRM in fullscreen. You have to edit GUI.PY, find function
_playChannel. Then, before break command insert self._hideEpg()

def _playChannel(self, channel):
self.currentChannel = channel
wasPlaying = self.source.isPlaying()
self.source.play(channel, self)
for retry in range(0, 10):
xbmc.sleep(1000)
if self.source.isPlaying():
self._hideEpg()
break

if not wasPlaying and self.source.isPlaying():
self._hideEpg()

self.osdProgram = self.source.getCurrentProgram(self.currentChannel)
Hi

I'd like to use this GUI as a front-end to one of my on-demand plugins - it si just great.

Now, to do that, I can create a XMLTV format file, and it shows the on-demand programmes available, but...... I can only create one strm per channel, and each programme has to reference a channel.

What I would LIKE to do is to pass some additional information to the "isPlayable" call so that although all the programmes appear on one channel line, they reference different STRM files.

I need some help tracking down what information is stored in the timeline display on "TV Guide" and how I can pass that extra information to the player. At the moment, I have five channels:

ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CITV. Each programme has a unique programme ID that I need to pass to the player through the GUI.

Now, it would ALSO be very nice to be able to say "If this is a programme in the past, play it from the on-demand service. If it is now, play from live"

Can you help point me in the right direction to the code please and I can create a branch.

Thanks !
Hey guys quick question, to get this addon working with my live tv should I point to the tvguide.xml file?

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11