• 35(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
(2013-06-19, 23:35)stoiko Wrote: It doesn't show cyrillic anymore (atleast not Bulgarian), it used to before... please fix ASAP

Please provide more information. What version? XMLTV? screenshot? etc...
1) XBMC version - 12 ; TV Guide - 2.0.5
2) Here is my XML file : http://pastebin.com/3iWj3KH8
3) Screenshot : http://prikachi.com/images/975/6247975T.png
(2013-04-25, 20:10)twinther Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 10:27)CrimsonGT Wrote: I haven't used TV Guide in months and switched to the IPTV Simple PVR instead as this had much fewer issues. However, I recently found that it cannot play HDHomeRun Streams which is necessary and have decided to try out TV Guide again.

I already have my XMLTV created for EPG but I currently use an M3u playlist for the channels list. Does TV Guide still require that you manually assign a stream file to each channel or can they all be imported at once using an M3U playlist?

There's not support for m3u playlists, but I did implement support for a custom .ini file format. Take a look at the addons.ini file inside the addon's resource folder. I think it's self explanatory.

Br.
Tommy

in the addon.ini, the sections appear to be broken down into xmbc addons (i.e. plugin.video.filmon), how is this applicable to hdhomerun devices? what would the sections header look like? the rest I think I can figure out. TIA!
HEllo,

Could somebody give me a hand with creating EPG data for my list of channels (futubox mainly)?I want to create a XMLTV file that could upload to dropbox or similar and to updated itself everyday...is this possible??
does anyone have .xml for NOTfilmOn, i have working FIlmON, but NOTfilmON use different links for non geo restriction.
I can't get this working on

XBMC 12.2 and

TV Guide 2.0.5

For windows7.

I am using an HDHR Prime with cablecard as the tuner. If I use my mythbackend, I can see the channels loaded from my XMLTV file. I select the HDHRPrime UPNP Stream from TVGuide to setup a channel and the stream name shows up, but when I got to select the channel to play the screen just goes black for about 15 seconds or so, then returns to the EPG.

I looked over at my HDHR Prime and saw that the tuner lights were not lit.

Any ideas?
Have you tried changing the TVGuide prefs to "Use alternative streaming method"? It's in the Startup section.

I've found that fixes most problems with triggering other addons to stream a channel.
I have a feature request: I'd like to be able to add an URL to a xml file right in the settings without the need to go through a local mounted network drive.
Skins
Does anyone know if you can change the skins of TVGuide?
It will really help when viewing selected show and make channel names stand out. Saw TVCatchup can use cool skins.
The skins in the OP hasn't been updated in two years.

Anyone know how to get channel icons working in TVGuide?

Anyway to incorporate show information displaying when show is playing like Psuedo TV even when using alternative streaming method?

EPG
I saw TVCatchup plugin for xbmc can automatically grab new channel listings with its epg based on TVGuide plugin. Can a similar thing be incorporated for other services/plugins with an included xmltv file?

Navigation
A bug I noticed, when the mouse pointer is above a channel with no xml data and a channel above it is highlighted, when you scroll with the mouse wheel, the channel lists don't move up or down.
It would also be nice if the menu can be more fluid & easier when using a mouse.
Example - Scrolling down or up with the mouse wheel moves down or up but channel names stay static, like the keyboard navigation.
When you move past the last channel name, the channel names move 1 up and highlighted channel is the one at the bottom not top.
When you scroll up when on the first channel or last one it doesn't scroll any further past the first or last channel.

Thanks
Is there a way to use Alternative Streaming for certain channels only? I have some channels which only work with this option, and other channels which don't work when it is selected. Would be nice to make it channel specific.

Alternatively, is there a hack I can do in the settings to make this work only for certain channels?

Thanks.
Just discovered this addon and seems like it'll solve my headache w/ backends/frontends/etc. So I launch the app, select a channel, boom it come up fine perfectly. I change the channel, it changes, but minimizes to a small box and displays the guide. I browse the guide and select a channel, but it always displays in the lower right.

I am using a MCE remote, what button or shortcut should I be using?

(also, #'s don't work, I cant browse via # selection, is that normal?)
Great add-on, I am using this with the xmltv generated by WebgrabPlus that work great so far.
I have few questions (please excuse me if this í already asked and answered)
For blank no data channels, the add-on skip them. Is there a way one can still select these non-data ones? Reason is that I have working strm for these non-data chaanels which I still would like to be able to select them. Plus sometimes the data is not available when the WebGrabplus generates the xmltv, but later on it's available for grabbing. In other words, the no data matter is just for temporarely.
Also, any chance we can create favorite 1,2,3,4....
once again, thanks so much for your help
I have been meaning to get around to setting up TV Guide with EPG for use mainly with NotFilmOn for quite some time and now I have finally done it. THANKS! for creating this great AddOn Smile

I have a couple of issues:

TV Guide doesnt seem to work very well with a touchscreen device (well, not with my iPad1 anyway):

- You cant scroll down properly (yes, you can use the pop up controls to go to the next page)
- You cant really select a show just to view its description. You must hold your finger on the show, and then when you let go, the selection jumps to the top of the page again.
- If touchscreen support cant be easily integrated, can the pop up controls at least arrow down through each channel, instead of each page?
- After exiting a Show I cant select a different one unless its on the same page, because the pop up controls dont work after exiting a Show. I must first close TVGuide and restart it.
- A 2 finger tap (in XBMC/iOS) on a Show should normally open the context menu, in this case it closes the TVGuide (instead I use the xbmc remote app on my iphone as a work around if I need the context menu to change the stream, or edit the channel list)
- I read the entire thread and saw some brief mention of these problems, but I didnt see any resolution. Does anyone have a work around?

Profiles:
After some head scratching (and luck) during setup I determined the following:

- If you are using multiple xbmc profiles, TVGuide only seems to read the Favourites.xml of the Master Profile, not of the Profile in use.
- So for NotFilmOn this is quite an issue: I first needed to load the Master Profile, then add all the channels to Favourites, and then switch back to the profile I normally use, and then set the streams in TVGuide. Perhaps this is a bug?

And finally, will the TVCatchUp Skins work with TVGuide too?

Thanks again for the TVGuide AddOn Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Does anyone know how to add LiveStream links to the guide? Or if it's even possible?

Many thanks
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
(2013-09-10, 11:24)jmh2002 Wrote: I have been meaning to get around to setting up TV Guide with EPG for use mainly with NotFilmOn for quite some time and now I have finally done it. THANKS! for creating this great AddOn Smile

I have a couple of issues:

TV Guide doesnt seem to work very well with a touchscreen device (well, not with my iPad1 anyway):

- You cant scroll down properly (yes, you can use the pop up controls to go to the next page)
- You cant really select a show just to view its description. You must hold your finger on the show, and then when you let go, the selection jumps to the top of the page again.
- If touchscreen support cant be easily integrated, can the pop up controls at least arrow down through each channel, instead of each page?
- After exiting a Show I cant select a different one unless its on the same page, because the pop up controls dont work after exiting a Show. I must first close TVGuide and restart it.
- A 2 finger tap (in XBMC/iOS) on a Show should normally open the context menu, in this case it closes the TVGuide (instead I use the xbmc remote app on my iphone as a work around if I need the context menu to change the stream, or edit the channel list)
- I read the entire thread and saw some brief mention of these problems, but I didnt see any resolution. Does anyone have a work around?

Profiles:
After some head scratching (and luck) during setup I determined the following:

- If you are using multiple xbmc profiles, TVGuide only seems to read the Favourites.xml of the Master Profile, not of the Profile in use.
- So for NotFilmOn this is quite an issue: I first needed to load the Master Profile, then add all the channels to Favourites, and then switch back to the profile I normally use, and then set the streams in TVGuide. Perhaps this is a bug?

And finally, will the TVCatchUp Skins work with TVGuide too?

Thanks again for the TVGuide AddOn Nod

Hi
Can you share your xmltv.xml and another files for your settings? If you already have icon files (renamed, etc) it would be wonderful if you can share this.

I am just starting to use this addon, wish there was a Wiki/docs specifically targeted for this addon.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11